IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Some thing strange is going on!! [SOLVED]

garybear

Hi friends!!

Ok Sports Fans!! There ain't no one going to believe this,but it really happened and I'm not in the Canadian Hunter!! I created a back image with Macrium. I then went to RegSeeker and typed in Outlook Express in the search. I deleted every thing. I then when to Program files and tried to delete Outlook Express. It would act like it deleted the folders ,but every thing would come right back. I decided to click on OE to see what would happen. There was a message that welcomed me and thanked me for choosing OE. I can't believe this happened. I went back to RegSeeker and all entries were back. OE appears to be working just fine;even though I tried my best to destroy it. It's like the energizer bunny. I checked the recycle been and there were tons of OE files. It's the damn-est thing I have ever seen. I decided to uninstall Windows Live Mail and was able to get rid of every thing. At the present time, Windows Live is gone and Outlook Express is working just like it use to. I would never believed this if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Will see whats happens in the next few days.==garybear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what Gary ? I believe you ! Hahaha...

I've seen some weird things happen. I expect weird things to happen. I don't think I've ever seen one as weird as this though :mrgreen:

I've always known that OE is a part of IE6 and that it can never by removed totally. It's a part of XP, basically, not just a mail program. IE6 always remains on XP machines, even after you upgrade to IE7 and/or IE8.

I also know that Windows protects its system files pretty well usually, and that Windows File Protection prevents us from harming it, most of the time. But this... LOL. Gary, you should get a trophy for this 8-)

I'm gonna take some notes on this one. :mrgreen:

===

You know what Gary ? I believe you ! Hahaha...

I've seen some weird things happen. I expect weird things to happen. I don't think I've ever seen one as weird as this though :mrgreen:

I've always known that OE is a part of IE6 and that it can never by removed totally. It's a part of XP, basically, not just a mail program. IE6 always remains on XP machines, even after you upgrade to IE7 and/or IE8.

I also know that Windows protects its system files pretty well usually, and that Windows File Protection prevents us from harming it, most of the time. But this... LOL. Gary, you should get a trophy for this 8-)

I'm gonna take some notes on this one. :mrgreen:

===

Hi friend!! I don't know about a trophy. I have never seen any thing like that. OE seems to be working on all 8 cylinders . I didn't have any problems this morning. My wife is happy for the time being, so that makes me happy:grin: Time will tell if the problem is gone. If it is fixed, maybe I should get a trophy.==garybear

Sorry for hogging the forum!!

Hi friends!!! I feel like I have been hogging the forum lately with this Outlook Express thing, and I apologize. I seldom rest until I find the answer and I have been hogging the forum with my craze for finding out what the hell went wrong. I thought I needed to change to Windows Live Mail, but that was a problem also, so now I'm back with Outlook Express and waiting to see what happens. I tried my best to kill OE but it came back looking better and seems to be working like it always did; before I started to have problems. I noticed that when I tried to uninstall OE in the registry, there were over a 100 entries; now there are 22 after it seemed to reinstall it's self. I have noticed on other programs that I have uninstalled and reinstalled that there are always less entries after a fresh install. Here's my question to the members on our forum with brains. When you uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of a program and you wind up with a lot less entries in the registry after a fresh install; could all those extra entries in the registry have made the program unstable?? I hope I have made myself clear. Some times I have a hard time explaining my self, and that's why I use so many screen shots. I promise to quit hogging the forum for awhile.===garybear

Hi enoskype!!

Hi enoskype!! I think we can show this tread as solved. Sorry about all my posts,but I hope some one will benefit. I doubt if there are very many Outlook Express users. OE is working just fine and my wife is a happy camper for now. No more error messages. Every thing is working like it should.==garybear PS I'll cool it for awhile and go into read mode. Bear is in the read mode!!!

Archived