IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

how was the iobit forum set up

sunny staines

Hi sunny

I think it was originally set up by Tim Xue

They then saw that volunteers answered most of the questions posed, and left most of the running of the forum to the volunteers.

But there are a number of questions we volunteers can't answer - and have to refer to the IObit Team or the company.

The current setup of the forum was mostly done by enoskype utilizing the possibilities in the current vbulletin setup.

Cheers

solbjerg

I know the forum is run independent of IObit. Just curious how it came to be set up?

did the adminstrators/moderaters get together and ask iobit to sponsor a forum for them to run or is the history totally different?

who got it started?

thanks for that i often wonder who is running and paying the bills.

at least we know. its a very nice thing. of Tim to allow this.

and as far as i have seen he leaves it as its running ,now my ask is this

who is the head admin? there must be one .or 2 that run the show,with help from the underlings.

is it tim who has the final say .or someone els?

itobe i see with the heading of super mod,this mean he has the final word?

and who decide who get to be appointed to a helper admin.? or moderator, is this a vote or a one man dissension? or a other method..applyed to promote some one.

thanks in advance for posting the info ,.? if that is ok ..its just i often wondered.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

If you take a look in Usage of IObit Products post #17 you will see that IObit Guy, Tim Xue and BBAdmin are mentioned first, and my guess is that the final say is to be found among those.

Also, information can be found in Information about Forum leaders thread.

bbadmin is mentioned in this thread

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=606&highlight=bbadmin

If you read the posts of the two others you will be able to discern how the decisions are reached I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

thanks for that i often wonder who is running and paying the bills.

at least we know. its a very nice thing. of Tim to allow this.

and as far as i have seen he leaves it as its running ,now my ask is this

who is the head admin? there must be one .or 2 that run the show,with help from the underlings.

is it tim who has the final say .or someone els?

itobe i see with the heading of super mod,this mean he has the final word?

and who decide who get to be appointed to a helper admin.? or moderator, is this a vote or a one man dissension? or a other method..applyed to promote some one.

thanks in advance for posting the info ,.? if that is ok ..its just i often wondered.

itsmejjj

IObit Guy , Tim Xue , BBAdmin , Krissy, Joanne, itobe, ivy, hxin, cicely, eric.long are from IObit,

and the rest is users trying to help the IObit products users in this Forum.

yes all bar 3 i have not had the pleasure to post to or from..

so thy are the ones combined that run the show.in a scene thy have the last final word..on a matter.

:"well i had it all wrong.thinking it was you and enoskype were the head men.

and have the ultimate word.on the forum."

please don't misinterpret this statement

so you both are under the above people.but thy leave the running to you both?

is this correct.?

""They then saw that volunteers answered most of the questions posed, and left most of the running of the forum to the volunteers.

But there are a number of questions we volunteers can't answer - and have to refer to the IObit Team or the company.

The current setup of the forum was mostly done by enoskype utilizing the possibilities in the current vbulletin setup."""

and i fully understand this post.made.

i am not pressing for a answer you cant give..

some one gave you the title admin.? as this has nothing to do with the automated grading according to posts made in numbers made..

in my case nearing 1500.

SO called.

IObit Expert VIP ,Heading. and the flashing diamond's that drive me silly

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

I think you should be able to find information on how the the company was set up - I think about 5 years ago. The names of the initiators should be available somewhere too.

As for the administrator status - it is afforded by IObit administrators - mostly by IObit Guy and Tim Xue, I think. (if we accept of course)

I explained how it came about for me in a post some time ago.

I found IObit Products AWC and SD in the autumn of 2006 and liked the programs so much that I decided to translate the language files into Danish - about half a year later I joined the forum - and quite shortly after that I was offered the Administrator status by Tim Xue.

He at that time only knew me as a translator and from the mails we had exchanged.

I think they have come to trust the long time administrators so much that they leave most of the running of the forum up to us. (But of course IObit has the final say)

For example the policy of not allowing advertising links is implemented by us, as you can see in one of samr's posts.

Is this explanation sufficient for you?

Cheers

solbjerg

IObit Guy , Tim Xue , BBAdmin , Krissy, Joanne, itobe, ivy, hxin, cicely, eric.long are from IObit,

and the rest is users trying to help the IObit products users in this Forum.

yes all bar 3 i have not had the pleasure to post to or from..

so thy are the ones combined that run the show.in a scene thy have the last final word..on a matter.

:"well i had it all wrong.thinking it was you and enoskype were the head men.

and have the ultimate word.on the forum."

please don't misinterpret this statement

so you both are under the above people.but thy leave the running to you both?

is this correct.?

""They then saw that volunteers answered most of the questions posed, and left most of the running of the forum to the volunteers.

The current setup of the forum was mostly done by enoskype utilizing the possibilities in the current vbulletin setup."""

and i fully understand this post.made.

i am not pressing for a answer you cant give..

some one gave you the title admin.? as this has nothing to do with the automated grading according to posts made in numbers made..

in my case nearing 1500.

SO called.

IObit Expert VIP ,Heading. and the flashing diamond's that drive me silly

itsmejjj

hi mel

sure its was just friendly asking.i my self stumbled across IO bit 360..and at the time in beta1 stage..doing what i like best.tried it out..then started reading this forum.

probable 2 months or more..being timed with my spelling.i refrained from jioning.

then after reading and seeing it was a friendly forum.

without much abuse.made the effort to become a member..some times still in barest by my spelling..and the way i put things.i do try though.]

i know how thy are run ,and the limited power a admin has.if given almost total control.or just certain parts one can edit or change..or dilate.

and to keep a forum clean.and from possible scamming,averts,and bad posting

also one must use decorum,tact,and refrain from getting into debates.be on one best behavior.and show one self in the spirit of the forum and what it stands for..not easy .as sometimes seen here when some push admins.

i watched this.and it was exceptionally well handled by the admins involved.

being a member is easy ,and one can get away with a lot..(and i do really have a free hand and allowed almost full expression)

.let me add , this is rather a very free minded forum.that allows posts

we probably would not have..and killed of many .that includes many of my posts.

i was a administrator for a very long time.as i already posted

we did not allow discussion on any apps other than the ones allowed by the forum head man. (not that we ever knew him/her)

We did start to allow advisory type posts on fire walls and security. but that was it.

..but it was rather a strange way i got to be one..that's a other story,so it was more info asking ,

and of interest.not snooping.or wanting to push the point.

but yes i do enjoy it here..and the free opinion ,and thinking,whether

one agrees or not , posting here is wonderful.and fair.and very open minded..

itsmejjj

Archived