IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

need a little help with IE8 please

sunny staines

If i open IE8 via favourites - all OK

If i open via taskbar icon on lower left screen or via start - I.E.

I get an error box appear

"INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING"

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.

now if i click the close program button on this error box, I then get the tabs have been recovered and all is OK

Tried so far

disabled all add ons

used reset button in advanced options

run sfc

unpinned in the windows 7 task bar

removed via add remove in control panel rebooted and restored

disabled AV

disabled protected mode

firefox opens and runs ok

any tips please, do not want to replace with an image without knowing the cause.

event viewer log

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 17/04/2010 12:08:34

Event ID: 1005

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: David-PC

Description:

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Internet Explorer because of this error.

Program: Internet Explorer

File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 00000000

Disk type: 0

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-04-17T11:08:34.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>13755</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>David-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>Internet Explorer</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Hi sunny!!

Hi sunny!! IE8 has done nothing but give me problems lately. This is how i solved my problems. I disabled IE8. Set every thing to high in security except one , and that's just so I can get Windows up dates. I was leaving my PC connected to the internet at night and when my wife would try to read mail or surf the web in the mornings, she couldn't until she rebooted. She was getting messages that said low on memory and that was BS. I started disconnecting from the internet at night and every thing was just fine. I really believe that my PC was being hi jacked through IE8 at night and some hanky panky was going on. I'm still watching to see if this stops the trouble. So far it has;will keep you informed. Would like to hear from others, and I don't mind being called paranoid or crazy:lol: PS The only two things that failed to work after siting all night was IE8 and Outlook Express. Nothing else was affected on my PC. I could surf and read gmail just fine with Fire Fox, but I had to reboot to use IE8 and Outlook Express.===garybear

Archived