IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 Users

Is anyone else experiencing loss of all system restore points after a "deep optimize" defrag? I had chalked this up to the RC Build 7100 I was running months back,but the problem continues on 64bit Ultimate and 32bit Pro.Some other defrag apps. I've tried are yielding the same results.No answer found thus far on the two most popular Win7 Forums :???: In fact,two of my favorites actually launch a warning if you attempt an optimized defrag-must be another "improvement" to the new OS! On a personal note,I am not at all impressed with the new Win7,as my old XP rig runs circles around both of my 7 comps that have superior hardware :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lost Restore Points Windows7

I am running windows7 Home Premium and haven't lost any restore points,

but I have been ending up with over 30 unmovable files after defragging in any mode and the number of them are growing by 1 or 2 every 10 or so Defrag's? The big problem is I don't know if there is anyway to find out

what files they are..

Hi SurfRider

It could be System restore points - depends if your restore point quota is filled up or not.

Another possibility is your setting - if you have the setting that the program is set to ignore files over for example 1GB?

Please give some more information - and please follow the advice of enoskype.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am running windows7 Home Premium and haven't lost any restore points,

but I have been ending up with over 30 unmovable files after defragging in any mode and the number of them are growing by 1 or 2 every 10 or so Defrag's? The big problem is I don't know if there is anyway to find out

what files they are..

Archived