IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

i really need a strong registry cleaner!!!!

jsr27

Hi friend!!

i need some suggestion on a truly free really STRONG reg cleaner for vista that can repair all types of errors other than advanced system care. thanks:-D

Hi friend!! RegSeeker. It's free and It's excellent.--garybear

You don't want to use a really strong registry cleaner. If it's too strong, a fact that you will only know if it's too late, you might end up with a computer that is in deep trouble.

Besides 1: cleaning your registry doesn't result in a noticibly faster computer.

Besides 2: garybear's suggestion is a good one.

i need some suggestion on a truly free really STRONG reg cleaner for vista that can repair all types of errors other than advanced system care. thanks:-D

Mmm and what would that be?

first thing ,yes you will hear this a lot BACK up THE SYSTEM first..

next ,you would have a reason to want to run this sort of application.

the main one i would think your system has slowed 2 or 3 % ?

not that one would notice

or its just to see what will happen

ok you want a good killer type reg cleaner.get comodo system cleaner..ok and its powerful,very.it will certainly clean! and perhaps stuff up your pc as well

but you will have to find that out yourself..so download it and good luck in using it..i can tell you its the most powerful one out there!

one thing i can tell you you will lose a bit here and there ,and the system buck up a bit,clitches may happen,some apps fail to run,

but what the heck

its powerful..

or you could take a bit of advice ,use ccleaner its gentle.and the asc for a good deep clean and maintenance..and plenty? to fix a system pick up your speed a bit .not that one would see ..?

cleaning your registry .i would be very careful and not play around with it,the less the better..just now and then.and back it up ...

itsmejjj

• 3 weeks later...

Formatting

Hi jsr

10-15 years ago I used to format my computer once every year

(One could call that the ultimate registry cleaning) :-)

After I switched to XP Operating system I have only done it once in the several years I have used that OS.

Cheers

solbjerg

replay: format

Hi solbjerg,

I sometimes format my pc every half year. This because at the beginnen of the format, my pc runs VERY VERY smooth and later about 4/5 months, it gets a bit slower. So i'm very intended to reformat again to gain that fresh first pc again. But is it right to do that? Is that advisable or wouldn't you recommend it?

Blacksea

Hi jsr

10-15 years ago I used to format my computer once every year

(One could call that the ultimate registry cleaning) :-)

After I switched to XP Operating system I have only done it once in the several years I have used that OS.

Cheers

solbjerg

Format? If possible, Never!!!

Hi blacksea,

Before solbjerg says anything, formatting is the last thing for me if nothing is left to repair the PC.

The last 5 OSs, the only time I formatted was when changing from Vista to Windows 7 with this laptop.

Otherwise the hardware became to old for the new OS to format, starting from Windows 95.:lol:

And please take into consideration the amount of tests I have done in those years.

BTW, even Windows 95 is still running flawlessly!:mrgreen:

Cheers.

Hi blacksea

If you have the energy for it I think it is a good idea, but you have to be sure that the things you put back is also clean and error free.

Placing a previous image (unless it is absolutely clean and error free) in a formatted and newly installed drive will annul what you set out to achieve.

But if done properly I think that the loss of all clutter i.e. unuseable registry entries and the like will make the computer a mite faster and less prone to faults.

During the reinstallation of preferred program - do it one at a time and try to notice if any of them slows down the computer - if one does try to install another program with the same features to see if that helps.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. please share your findings with us!! :-)

p.p.s. :-) just saw your comment enoskype

Hi solbjerg,

I sometimes format my pc every half year. This because at the beginnen of the format, my pc runs VERY VERY smooth and later about 4/5 months, it gets a bit slower. So i'm very intended to reformat again to gain that fresh first pc again. But is it right to do that? Is that advisable or wouldn't you recommend it?

Blacksea

Hi friends!!

Hi friends! I would like to inter this conversation, and ask some questions, and get some clarifications. The question is; is it good to reformat or not?? I think one is saying yes and one is saying no. Also by reformatting; are we talking about going back to day one with no programs, and starting over brand new. That sounds like a horrible idea to me. I keep a back up image of my OS with Macrium. I use that when I get a problem that I can't seem to fix. It's kind of a lazy way to fix my problems, but it's fast and reliable. I'm having a problem with an apps eating up my page file RAM. I think it's IObit360, and I'm trying to pin it down. I decided to uninstall IObit 360, and try a different apps. I hated the new one and decided to reinstall IObit 360. I did but the damn new install refused to except my license, so I just used Macrium to restore my back up image. I could have fought the problem, but Macrium was easier. I know enoskype, I'm lazy, but the only way to get my pro IObit360 back and not bother anyone was to use Macrium, so that's what I did. I'm going to open a thread when and if I can prove IObit360 is eating up my RAM and not releasing it back into the system. Well anyway that's my 2 cents on formatting. ==garybear

And nobody can say which one is correct approach

Both and none

solbjerg " but you have to be sure that the things you put back is also clean and error free.

Placing a previous image (unless it is absolutely clean and error free) in a formatted and newly installed drive will annul what you set out to achieve."

enoskypes approch is also good.

its not right or wrong its

Both should work fine but not for everyone both approchs will have the disired result but on different systems. what might work well on a dell may not work well on a packard bell..

depending on the age of the os and the hardrive ect

Hardrives Dose it damage the hard drive to format it monthly weekly yearly?

tests on wear and tear done on a new seagate showed little to no damage after the os was installed and then formatted reinstalled formatted 1000 times. did it decrease the life span of the drive no....

the same test carried out on other hardrive different result.

the same for registry cleaners some say clean often some say dont or never clean at all. some registry cleaners might speed up pc1 make it run smother and faster on pc 2 same hardware and os different apps pc slows down ...

the best aproch it what works for u.............

I like to test new sortware

I have 2 back up images one of xp one of win 7 both are fresh setups on updated no apps

I also have many other images of the both os's different apps

how many times has my drive been formated? about 50 its new 6 months old

so its a pic and mix people

Hi Enoskype & Solbjerg,

thank you both for your advices. And solbjerg, your totally right. I always download the same setup on my computer. So if I format my pc, I quickly download all the things that I usually have on my computer that first day. How didn't I come up with that wise idea to download them step for step to notice some changes in my computer :oops:

Cheers

Blacksea

hi blacksea nice to see you post..and every one hi also

well i agree to this formatting a drive and reinstalling .will make the system run some what different as one cant get it back to as one had it before the format.

so i have taken Gary's approach if some thing went wrong.or it slows down.

the only difference is i kill the drive first.delete it.(repartition it) then restore the image.FROM MY USB DRIVE, even if it means restoring back a few mounts and the add apps that went fine ,new installing.them if needed.

any how that is how i do this now.. and it seems i found a fast clean way of redoing the drive.now as for clean? i think my images are that.(i hope)

"I quickly download"

(well i have all the apps already on my other USB and thy are clean.no need to download any thing. just in case i lost one (or not installed in my image i am replacing.)

but let me say this i do not like it....and try to av-ode having to restore a drive .if its possible..

itsmejjj

cant beat a reformat to how fast your pc can fly.

used to do it once a year too in w98 7 w95 and early xp.

since later xp, vista and w7 not found a need to do it other that o/s upgrades as the o/s are much better so too are utility software programs, just takes a little tweaking and trial and error to get the right programs for your set up.

Archived