IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My favorites - Authors, books...

Darrensuggextuaxase

Hi, Darren,

Among the many authors I have read over the past sixty years or so ( Wilbur Smith, D.I.C.K Francis etc) I have just discovered one I'm really enjoying, D.W. Buffa. I have read three of his books recently, all courtroom dramas which I consider top class entertainment.

Can anyone tell me why Mr Francis's Christian name ( the shortened form of Richard) gets the **** treatment?

Hi Ted

Our friend Dicky is subjected to the "intelligence" of a computer that only reacts to the parameters the commands contain.

(It only reacts to the dicky without the y and then only sees it in the vulgar sense.)

Do you remember the story of the computer that monitored the news in US, - some journalist had written that the Pope's visit "shook America" in his headline.

The computer then consequently reported that a large earthquake had occured in North America today!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, Darren,

Among the many authors I have read over the past sixty years or so ( Wilbur Smith, D.I.C.K Francis etc) I have just discovered one I'm really enjoying, D.W. Buffa. I have read three of his books recently, all courtroom dramas which I consider top class entertainment.

Can anyone tell me why Mr Francis's Christian name ( the shortened form of Richard) gets the **** treatment?

Hi Ted

Our friend Dicky is subjected to the "intelligence" of a computer that only reacts to the parameters the commands contain.

(It only reacts to the dicky without the y and then only sees it in the vulgar sense.)

Hi, solbjerg, Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I thought that may be the reason.

My favorite authors are Ruth McCaffery, Harry Turtledove and Terry Brooks. The series are The Dragonriders of Pern; The World at War; and the Shanarna Books. Im a hard core fantasy reader I tend to haunt my local used book store. Has anyone read any of these authors or reccomend any authors?

For fantasy I really like the Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore, that may be too mainstream, but I really like them. But for non-fantasy I read mostly books on physics, and my favorite authors are Michio Kaku, Brian Greene, and A. Zee (which I assume is a stage name, not sure why for a science book though). I also like all the a very short introduction series from the Oxford press.

Spammer

Darrensuggextuaxase was warned about putting Spam in the forum but persisted and is now Banned.

By the way, the spam links had nothing to do with this subject, they were how to make millions of $ very easily

But you already know how to do that don't you :mrgreen:

Still, there is no need stop the discussion of your fave authors, books etc

Enjoy :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Darrensuggextuaxase was warned about putting Spam in the forum but persisted and is now Banned.

By the way, the spam links had nothing to do with this subject, they were how to make millions of $ very easily

But you already know how to do that don't you :mrgreen:

Still, there is no need stop the discussion of your fave authors, books etc

Enjoy :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Yeah I'm going to write a book about how to get millions of $ very easily, and sell it for 30 bucks.

Archived