IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update date wrong

kittymom

sorry I'm new here, and searched real good before posting.

I downloaded and have made sure I have all settings correct, but every time I turn on the PC, (7 days now) if I hover over the sys tray, the date for the update still shows Sept 09. Not today.

Can you please help?

PS I am so excited about your products, can't wait for a kick-buns registry cleaner,manager tool (hoping)

Hi kittymom

Welcome!

Please write services.msc in Run - near the bottom of the list you find "Windows Time" - it is probably deactivated.

Right click on it and choose Properties - change start type to automatic and click the button start.

That should do it!

Try using the time.nist.gov option as server in the time keeping window.

Next time you run ASC/System Optimize click on "Problems" and place the entry concerning Time in the Ignore list.

Please read Usage of IObit Products!

Cheers

solbjerg

sorry I'm new here, and searched real good before posting.

I downloaded and have made sure I have all settings correct, but every time I turn on the PC, (7 days now) if I hover over the sys tray, the date for the update still shows Sept 09. Not today.

Can you please help?

PS I am so excited about your products, can't wait for a kick-buns registry cleaner,manager tool (hoping)

thanks for your reply :)

I am currently on the time.nist.gov setting.

{quote}

Next time you run ASC/System Optimize click on "Problems" and place the entry concerning Time in the Ignore list.{/quote}

We are in the I360 thread, not ASC thread - there is no Sys Opt / Problems settings for I360.

Hi kittymom

I know - it was just a possibility that the Time service had been "optimized" by ASC but other applications can also have done it.

Have you had a look at your services as suggested?

Cheers

solbjerg

thanks for your reply :)

I am currently on the time.nist.gov setting.

{quote}

Next time you run ASC/System Optimize click on "Problems" and place the entry concerning Time in the Ignore list.{/quote}

We are in the I360 thread, not ASC thread - there is no Sys Opt / Problems settings for I360.

Hi again kittymom

I fear I may have misunderstood you. Sorry!

It is the date displayed if you hover over the icon of IS360 - Right?

That sounds as if you need to do a "Clean uninstall/install"

Remember to delete the IS360 program folder after uninstalling the program - prior to installing it anew.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi kittymom

I know - it was just a possibility that the Time service had been "optimized" by ASC but other applications can also have done it.

Have you had a look at your services as suggested?

Cheers

solbjerg

If it is the FREE version of IS360, it needs a manual updating.

Click the Update on top right of the GUI, click Next, click Download and click Finish buttons in that order when you are asked to do so.

The database will be updated to the most recent available definition.

Cheers.

thanks both for the replies. Yes it is the free one.

when I first try to update after installing (again and again) it always says cannot connect to web......

I have successfully installed and then uninstalled six times this past week, using 4 very good reg cleaners to get every speck of it gone before the reboot.

It just always says after the install, when I click update, it can't connect.

My firewall and nothing else stops it from updating.

I even went hunting, went to majorgeeks, downloaded the offline database per an email from the Iobit support section, and overwrote, rebooted, and still says............9-27-09 .............

(....what's a smilie here for ripping hair out!?) ;)

Hi kittymom

Does your firewall block it?

Does your anti-virus program block it? What anti-virus program do you use?

If you go to the IS360 folder and find the update log - what does that log say?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. usually the most important thing about a Clean Install is that one deletes the program folder from the uninstalled program too - for example the old update log could still be in the folder if the folder hasn't been deleted or emptied - if the new install is then sent to the existing folder where the old log still resides and give the information it contains you could be seeing what you are seeing concerning the date..

when I first try to update after installing (again and again) it always says cannot connect to web......

I have successfully installed and then uninstalled six times this past week, using 4 very good reg cleaners to get every speck of it gone before the reboot.

I even went hunting, went to majorgeeks, downloaded the offline database per an email from the Iobit support section, and overwrote, rebooted, and still says............9-27-09 .............

Hi friend!! I'm having problems with IObit 360 also but they are different from yours. I have the pro version and I show nothing in my up date log. Telling you your not able to connect, makes no since to me at all. I'll pull my hair out for you also. IObit 360 has some serious problems and not being sure if you have the latest definitions would worry me also. Doing 6 clean installs and still having this problem would make anyone upset. I'm sorry ,but I do not have a answer for you.==garybearhttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/iluvtolaff/Blogger%20Posts/pullinghairout.gif[/img]"]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/iluvtolaff/Blogger%20Posts/pullinghairout.gif

thanks so much for all the suggestions :)

Yes I delete the previous folder before reboot and running my reg cleaners.

I have gone nearly blind, spending about 15 hours on this, trying to find out why.

My firewall and nothing else stops it from working.

I have Fliseclab Firewall-the best, RisingAV, and both have it enabled.

I must give it a rest, so will uninstall it for now, and for a while.

Need a break from this troublesome situation.

I promise to be ear-shot away for your great help and posts.

Maybe we'll figure this out.

Clean install

....I have successfully installed and then uninstalled six times this past week, using 4 very good reg cleaners to get every speck of it gone before the reboot......

...... p.s. usually the most important thing about a Clean Install is that one deletes the program folder from the uninstalled program too.......

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install see This Post

Edit: We crossed posts and I now see that you have deleted the folder etc.

Not being able to connect is very strange and not common here on the forum, aside from a bad internet connection.

Since you are at the stage of pulling your hair out (boy, I wish I could) it's a good idea to walk away for a while :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived