IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

cloned files finder

Not a good idea

could someone tell me how to delete a whole page of files..ie check all boxes with one keystroke.. i just don't want to have to manually check each box!

thanks, kj

Welcome to the forum stitchintime6 :smile:

That is not a good idea at all. Files can have duplicates out of necessity so you should be absolutely sure that a file is not needed before you delete it.

Deleting the wrong file could cause a lot of trouble.

Personally, I have never used any tool of that kind made by any company and I doubt I ever will. Too much can go wrong.

If you are looking to get back some HardDrive space you will save very little by deleting any unnecessary duplicate files so I strongly suggest you look at other ways to save the space

All the best, woz of oz

Agreed

This type of software is a formula for disaster regardless of who writes it.Only advanced users should use this,and only as a recommendation.Each of these "duplicates" should be very carefully scrutinized.I have NEVER seen a single one of these "clone finder" programs that didn't remove needed system files if you gave it the green light to delete all.I understand that it appears to be thousands of files in some cases,but they usually represent very little space on your drive.My rule > If it looks like clone,leave it alone.Just perform a forum search for "clone files",and you'll see this topic as discussed in the past.

could someone tell me how to delete a whole page of files..ie check all boxes with one keystroke.. i just don't want to have to manually check each box!

thanks, kj

Hello stitchintime6,

Please note the cloned files listed are not all useless files. Before removing those items, please make sure that they are useless or unnecessary and also the deletion will not affect other programs' running. In case of some problems after the deletion, you can restore deleted files from recycle bin.

So it is not a good idea to delete them all. You must be in extreme caution even if you want to delete some of them, the prudent way is to find them and then check each and every one of them one by one and delete those you don't need.

We appreciate your supply of IObit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hijacked*

On The Topic Of Cloned Files: Im Sure The Page Full That Im Looking At Are The "scattered Remains" Of A Serious Threat That My Dumb_ss Let Right In By Downloading A (securitystronghold.com) File. Now, Although I Am By No Means A Programmer, Can Anyone Give Me Some Clues As To What To Look For To Distinguish The Original Files?

Hi cnred

The easiest road here is in my opinion to install the image you created prior to downloading/installing the securitystronghold file :-)

Especially if one is testing new software one shold always create an image of the disc prior to installing the new software.

I am rather sure that the cloned files finder platform is not the right one to find obsolete files and fragments :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

On The Topic Of Cloned Files: Im Sure The Page Full That Im Looking At Are The "scattered Remains" Of A Serious Threat That My Dumb_ss Let Right In By Downloading A (securitystronghold.com) File. Now, Although I Am By No Means A Programmer, Can Anyone Give Me Some Clues As To What To Look For To Distinguish The Original Files?

Archived