IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wise Disk Cleaner - False positive

Both Security 360 Pro and Advanced System Care Pro show this program/tool to be rougeware, crapware or adware. Neither Malwarebytes or Superantispyware showed it to be so. A check on the internet shows no indication of any problems with the program. Only you.

I contacted support@wisecleaner.com and reported the problem. I told them to contact IObit, directly. In the meantime, I have ignored the "threat".

No problems for me....

its not dodgy, but i did try their software ages ago now [may have improved since] and it messed up a lot of programs on my pc.

I have found this tool to be very helpful, especially when it works in tandem with Wise (free) Registry Cleaner. The Cleaner picks up things that IObit misses and warns about items that should and shouldn't be deleted. No single product does it all.All the independent reviews I've read are very positive.

I'm sure there's been improvements since you last tried it. You may want to try it again.

Wise Disk Cleaner - False positive

Hello,

Recently, we received an email from our user telling that IOBit 360 Pro and Advanced SystemCare Pro reported our application - Wise Disk Cleaner as adware/crapware. Obviously, it is a false positive. Our applications are clean, I just kind to request you to test and fix this issue.

If you think our application is adware/crapware, please tell me what's your evidence?

Thanks!

need more information

Hello,

Recently, we received an email from our user telling that IOBit 360 Pro and Advanced SystemCare Pro reported our application - Wise Disk Cleaner as adware/crapware. Obviously, it is a false positive. Our applications are clean, I just kind to request you to test and fix this issue.

If you think our application is adware/crapware, please tell me what's your evidence?

Thanks!

Hello TerryTang,

For your concern, please kindly provide us the scan report and screenshot of the trouble you got. And also send us the download link of your product so that we can further investigate for it.

Thanks.

Hi Lily,

Thanks for your responding, please tell me how to send the download link to you? I have noticed that you don't allow post download link here.

Thanks!

Hi TerryTang

I downloaded and installed Wise Disk Cleaner. Ran IS360 and ASC, but found nothing.

PLS give me the report and screenshot and version of Wise Disk Cleaner.

For what it's worth

Still running Wise Reg Cleaner 4 Pro on my XP-@ 2 years now and never a problem.Nice features including full reg back-up.Have yet to try on Win7 64bit-trying to stick with native 64bit software,which doesn't leave much :roll:

Hello,

I copied the scan report below.

------------

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.5.67

Define Version:1635

Time Elapsed:00:09:28

Objects Scanned:47955

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Rogue.Disk Cleaner, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Cary A. Storchan\Desktop\Disk Cleaner.lnk, 4-1104

------------

The following is your description for this issue.

------------

Disk Cleaner description

Rogue:The program reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer.The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the threats.

------------

I got this report from our user, I just want to know "Disk Cleaner" is "Wise Disk Cleaner"? Please explain, thanks.

Terry,

Hello,

I copied the scan report below.

------------

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.5.67

Define Version:1635

Time Elapsed:00:09:28

Objects Scanned:47955

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Rogue.Disk Cleaner, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Cary A. Storchan\Desktop\Disk Cleaner.lnk, 4-1104

------------

The following is your description for this issue.

------------

Disk Cleaner description

Rogue:The program reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer.The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the threats.

------------

I got this report from our user, I just want to know "Disk Cleaner" is "Wise Disk Cleaner"? Please explain, thanks.

Terry,

Hi TerryTang

You can test it.I didn't found anything.

Hi hxin,

I have tested it with IS360 PRO and nothing shows up about Wise Disk Cleaner.

BTW, concerning first post, ASC does not have any tool to show rougeware.

Also, the treat is a link shortcut on the desktop, I have great doubt that is anything to do with the program Wise Disk Cleaner itself.

Cheers.

Archived