IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Dr and Check Disk hang at 49%

onewerld

I have ASC free 3.6.1 on my Dell Studio 1735 with Windows Vista Home Premium. On running ASC Disk Check or Disk Doctor there is a repeated hang up at 49% checking with both. I also did a disk check using the CMD in Windows "search" and the same result there as well. My Error Check Disk in Windows has never worked at all and there is no drop down menu when I am asked if I want to schedule an error check. Perhaps since Windows does not work properly in disk checking for errors, then whatever is wrong there I suppose may be interfering with the ASC checking. Any suggestions? All the other parameters in ASC have been run and are clear of problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi onewerld,

Please try chkdsk /F in command prompt (cmd) with Administrator rights and answer Y to the question and restart the PC.

Wait untill chkdsk finishes its job, please be patient, it will finish at the end and it will restart your PC.

Please report back.

Thank you and cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

DiscDoctor_beta doesn't work

...I have ASC free 3.6.1 on my Dell Studio 1735 with Windows Vista Home Premium. On running ASC Disk Check or Disk Doctor there is a repeated hang up at 49% checking with both...

Hi,

(ASC 3.6.1 PRO) DiscDoctor_beta doesn't work after 46%...

OpSys: WVista Home Basic.

Have anybody other Idea?

Thanx

ta

Hi trancearcadia,

Did you get any error message when you Disk Doctor hang up at 46%. If yes, please take a screen shot of it and post here.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Moreover, we have an improved version in ToolBox. Please download toolbox from the link below to see whether you still have this issue.

http://www.iobit.com/toolbox.html

I have ASC free 3.6.1 on my Dell Studio 1735 with Windows Vista Home Premium. On running ASC Disk Check or Disk Doctor there is a repeated hang up at 49% checking with both. I also did a disk check using the CMD in Windows "search" and the same result there as well. My Error Check Disk in Windows has never worked at all and there is no drop down menu when I am asked if I want to schedule an error check. Perhaps since Windows does not work properly in disk checking for errors, then whatever is wrong there I suppose may be interfering with the ASC checking. Any suggestions? All the other parameters in ASC have been run and are clear of problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello trancearcadia,

Please try clean install our latest version of ASC free v3.7.0 to see if there is a problem and feedback us.

Guide for clean install: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976

Thanks

Hello trancearcadia,

Please try clean install our latest version of ASC free v3.7.0 to see if there is a problem and feedback us.

Guide for clean install: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976

Thanks

Hello Lily, i try'd it.

I have ASC PRO 3.7.0 on HP550/Windows Vista Home Basic.

In Save Mode, without firewall (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010)

after Defrag... DiscDoctor_toolbox v1.0 hang up @ 46%.

CiaO

ta

Hi trancearcadia

Did you remember to check if the program folder was deleted too after the uninstall?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Lily, i try'd it.

I have ASC PRO 3.7.0 on HP550/Windows Vista Home Basic.

In Save Mode, without firewall (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010)

after Defrag... DiscDoctor_toolbox v1.0 hang up @ 46%.

CiaO

ta

trancearcadia, your screenshot shows that you have run chkdsk without F parameter (Read only -mode).

Copy and paste the bold line below to your cmd window (run cmd with Administrator rights):

chkdsk /F

Then pres ENTER and answer Y for YES {or what ever YES is starting with in Hungarian (Igen) [I] or [i]} to the question.

Restart the PC and wait for disk checking to finish and automatically starting Windows.

Cheers.

...run cmd with Administrator rights:

chkdsk /F

Then pres ENTER and answer Y to the question.

Restart the PC and wait for disk checking to finish and automatically starting Windows...

Cheers.

...and then?

chkdsk /F run out normally > restart o.k. > but DiscDoctor hanging up @ 46% : doesn't move above 46%.

(it's anymore not important, i am thinking only, what may he be @ 46% :roll:

Otherwise the Index_Service is disabled on my PC - generally)

Thanx 4 ALL 8:)

Hi trancearcadia,

From the picture you provided, we found that it also stopped at 46% when you run chkdsk. So it is not a problem of the Disk Doctor.

The chkdsk failure is a concern. And it is hard to tell if it is a physical or logical problem. A format and reinstall of your system should help if it is a logical problem.

And you could try to search on Google for more information.:razz:

Hi trancearcadia,

From the picture you provided, we found that it also stopped at 46% when you run chkdsk. So it is not a problem of the Disk Doctor.

The chkdsk failure is a concern. And it is hard to tell if it is a physical or logical problem. A format and reinstall of your system should help if it is a logical problem.

And you could try to search on Google for more information.:razz:

Thank You Alicia!

I think it's a physical problem (i was afraid of this too,

Anyway the "chkdsk/F" slowed down near 46-47%)

Thanx 4 all once more! :razz:

Hi trancearcadia,

Try command promt:

chkdsk /R (same procedure as chkdsk /F)

It will take much longer (Total disk including free space, an hour or so, 5 stages on XP), as it is going to check the physical problems on the disk and will tell to Windows not to use the flagged parts if there is a physical damage anywhere on the disk, and also will try to recover the data on those parts.

Cheers.

Archived