IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

360 Prevents Windows from Opening

Nord20

I have been having this problem with 360 since upgrading to Windows 7 and have had to remove the program because of it. I did raise a support call and got the standard 'remove and reinstall with the latest version' fix, which didn't help, so I'm hoping someone on here can shred some light on it.

I am using the PRO version.

Immediately upon installing 360 I lose all ability to open any windows (chrome, outlook, word, etc etc). The processes start, but no window. I've tried playing around with turning on and off various features of 360, to no avail. The only thing of note is that the last program analysed usually is the last program I tried to open.

As soon as I remove 360, everything goes back to normal (this is repeatable).

Soooo.....any clues? Having actually paid for the software I'd really like to be able to get some use out of it.

Hi Nord20,

Moreover, please tell us your other anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall.

Did you mean you will have this problem once you finish the installation of IS360 even you didn't perform a scan with it?

Did you get any error message? Moreover, please open your Task Manager and tick Show processes from all users and take a screen shot of it when you have this problem again.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Hi Cicely, many thanks for your interest.

I have raised an additional support call and so far have been asked to uninstall and reinstall the latest version (I already did that, but tried it again and it still doesn't work).

In answer to your questions:

1. I am runnning Microsoft Security Essentials for anti-virus, Online Armor is my firewall (free version) and I have Iobit Advanced SystemCare (pro version) as well.

2. I have this problem as soon as 360 is installed. I selected 'open after installation' at the end of the installation process, entered my license code to unlock the pro version then tried to open Chrome. Consistently, the process will start, but the window will not open. If I click it five times, I get five processes, but still no window. The moment I uninstall, everything works fine (without even a restart). I have not run a scan.

3. I get no error messages.

4. I reinstalled 360, started it, clicked on chrome a couple of times, opened task manager as suggested and here is the screenshot (all a bit tricky because I had to open everything I would need before installation!):

http://myph.us/pics/75431_taskmanagerscreendump.png

Full size version here: http://myph.us/pics/75433_taskmanagerscreendump.png

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 360 Prevents Windows from Opening

Fair enough, didn't notice the pm (wasn't looking for one).

To be honest, my subscription expires on the 4th Oct, so I think I'll just let it run out (I thought I'd just renewed it, but that was for Systemcare).

In answer to your pm, I have tried it with real-time protection on and off and it makes no difference.

Just thinking out loud here :

If this is an isolated situation, could there possibly be a conflict between IS360 and Online Armor ? That firewall offers multiple layers of protection, including a process guard and HIPS.

I haven't used OA in a long while so I forget how it works, but perhaps disabling as much of it as you can, then try again (?)

===

2. I have this problem as soon as 360 is installed. I selected 'open after installation' at the end of the installation process, entered my license code to unlock the pro version then tried to open Chrome. Consistently, the process will start, but the window will not open.

Dear Nord,

Please reinstall is360 and not select "open after installation".

So we can exclude whether the "is360.exe process" or the "installed files" is not compatible with Online Armor or some other applications.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Nord

Please reinstall as a clean install - otherwise I will leave you in itobe's capable hands :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Nord,

Please reinstall is360 and not select "open after installation".

So we can exclude whether the "is360.exe process" or the "installed files" is not compatible with Online Armor or some other applications.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived