IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Right click problem

Iztok67

OK Iztok67,

Save the below bold line as: IS360_SeperateScan.bat in IS360 main foder.

is360 -ScanMode SeperateScan -ScanPath ""

When you run it, IS360 will scan, but I don't know the switch to run it for the path of right clicked file, so no object is selected for scanning.

Put the path of the object in between "" ("path of the object"), then it will scan the object with the given path.

Nice program that you have found, I wish it had the option of adding command switches for New Command option.

@solbjerg,

I think it is is360.exe, and it will also trigger the run of IS360tray.exe.

Cheers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something funny is hapening. I did make .bat file:

with nothing betven quotes and copied it to Iobit folder. Now, if i right click on file in C: then i have option to scan with IS360 as in first picture. If i copy same file to desktop i dont have thise option (second picture). Weird.

Iztok

P.S. DISREGARD what i just wrote. Here is how it hapened. I scaned (full scan) with mbam. It find suspicious file. I clicked on "open file location". It opened folder. Anithing in that folder i coud r. click and i was have option for IS#&=. Every where i was going from thise window, any folder, any file, up, down, ewrithing i coud scan with IS360. I closed thise window. Now again i cant scan with IS360. Again there is no option to do it.

I am completly lost :shock:

If anybody have any idea it is most welcome

Iztok

Hi Iztok

That sounds like you should check your settings in Mbam and possibly white list IObit.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. It sounds as if Mbam could be the culprit in your right click problem.

Something funny is hapening. I did make .bat file:

with nothing betven quotes and copied it to Iobit folder. Now, if i right click on file in C: then i have option to scan with IS360 as in first picture. If i copy same file to desktop i dont have thise option (second picture). Weird.

Iztok

P.S. DISREGARD what i just wrote. Here is how it hapened. I scaned (full scan) with mbam. It find suspicious file. I clicked on "open file location". It opened folder. Anithing in that folder i coud r. click and i was have option for IS#&=. Every where i was going from thise window, any folder, any file, up, down, ewrithing i coud scan with IS360. I closed thise window. Now again i cant scan with IS360. Again there is no option to do it.

I am completly lost :shock:

If anybody have any idea it is most welcome

Iztok

I dont think that it is mbam problem. But anihow i completly uninstalled mbam, clean registry (by hand) of all traces of mbam and no change.

I think that there is something on my PC preventing it from displaying IS360 r. c. options and mbam scan (results of scan) somehow broke that. Now just to find preventing program (if it is in fact a program). I will install mbam back (and yes i did restart PC betwen installs :)).

Iztok

Hi Iztok67,

May I suggest you open a thread in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section following the procedure in Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance thread, explaining the problems you have and then wait for a Malware Fighter to respond.

There may well be a malicious activity which can be analyzed there that the existing security softwares can not reveal.

Cheers.

Hi Iztok

In my opinion you should have cheched the settings in Mbam, possibly rolled back the latest cleaning operation, white listed IS360 and ASC, and seen if that helped.

Now while it is off you ought to try a clean install of IS360 and ASC to ascertain if it indeed was Mbam that was the culprit.

Cheers

solbjerg

I dont think that it is mbam problem. But anihow i completly uninstalled mbam, clean registry (by hand) of all traces of mbam and no change.

I think that there is something on my PC preventing it from displaying IS360 r. c. options and mbam scan (results of scan) somehow broke that. Now just to find preventing program (if it is in fact a program). I will install mbam back (and yes i did restart PC betwen installs :)).

Iztok

solbjerg:

I did thath. I consider thise things as basic troubleshooting, but thank you for advice. As i said i dont think that it is mbam isue. I did explain why, but i am well awere of my poor knowladge of english language and my inability to explain things simply and (most importantly) so that it coud be understand corectly in english. I apologise for that and let us just say that i tryed things in the right way and that i come to conclusion that mbam is not to blame.

enoskype:

thank you for your advice. I am COMPLITLY shure that there is no malware (whathever sort of) activity on thise PC. It woud take to long to explain why i am shure of it (especialy in english) so i wont bother any malware fighter with thise problem. They are volunters and are better of helping somebody with reall problem.

solbjerg and enoskype:

i think that i find problem. I have Icon Packager installed and i have changedd original windows icons for difrent ones. If i changed them back i get r.c. options for scan and delete back. There are allways a sollution no matter how bizare :).

Thank you both for your time.

Iztok

Ok Iztok

Glad you found that you yourself was the culprit :-) and have it sorted out now.

It was a long trip on the merry-go-round, but I hope that the thread may help others in a similar situation, - this is always a secondary aim when trying to help someone with a problem. Which is what forums are for!

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg:

I did thath. I consider thise things as basic troubleshooting, but thank you for advice. As i said i dont think that it is mbam isue. I did explain why, but i am well awere of my poor knowladge of english language and my inability to explain things simply and (most importantly) so that it coud be understand corectly in english. I apologise for that and let us just say that i tryed things in the right way and that i come to conclusion that mbam is not to blame.

enoskype:

thank you for your advice. I am COMPLITLY shure that there is no malware (whathever sort of) activity on thise PC. It woud take to long to explain why i am shure of it (especialy in english) so i wont bother any malware fighter with thise problem. They are volunters and are better of helping somebody with reall problem.

solbjerg and enoskype:

i think that i find problem. I have Icon Packager installed and i have changedd original windows icons for difrent ones. If i changed them back i get r.c. options for scan and delete back. There are allways a sollution no matter how bizare :).

Thank you both for your time.

Iztok

Hello folks,

Wow, Iztok : it took a while, but nice trouble-shooting there. I never would have guessed an icon program could have done that. It's noted now.

A final word from me on your protection scheme : there is no official documentation on conflicting anti-malware guards, but I can only warn you from experience... WinPatrol has an active guard, and so do MBAM Pro and IS360 (free or Pro). Same with SUPERAntispyware Pro (I think), if you have that one. If you have SpyBot with TeaTimer active, that's another one. You should only have one with shields active, and keep the others for on-demand scanning only. Conflicts between security programs may cause crashes and they certainly lower the overall defense power you thought you had. It's better to have one program working freely than 2 or more fighting over the same task.

As far as F-Secure goes : I'll be honest, I don't like nor trust antivirus comparatives ; none of them, because they are often biased or tested against infections that are simply not infecting machines in the wild. What I do trust is real world experience and testing with real world nasties, present in the wild. F-Secure is a poor performer against many nasties that infect machines in the real world. I can't prove it here, but I know for myself. They may have improved the product drastically over the past few months so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...

Good luck with everything, and thanks for allowing more users to solve this if they ever find themselves in the same situation ;-)

===

Good news

Great to hear you found the solution, persistence pays off :smile:

Well done all of you, there were many good ideas expressed here, all helping to narrow down the field. I'm sure others will benefit from this thread over time.

Funny ending though and one to remember for the future :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived