IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A question regarding continuous free disk space

Hi tryagainplss

Please read Usage of IObit Products and Thinking about defragmentation.

Essentially it depends on how much free space you have and on how much unnecessary files/programs/videos/ and so on you have stored and if you have somewhere to move your files and folders and programs etc. for example an extern harddisk.

Please give some information as to how filled your computer is and please furnish us with some screenshots.

Cheers

solbjerg

i currently lack continuous free disk space. how do i get more?

There are some files that can Not be moved. (mostly System files)

So those can cause Voids. (non-continuous spacing)

The default color indicating those Immovable files is 'black', in the SD display-graph.

Sure sounds like it's Time to Add another Tera-byte or two. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
i currently lack continuous free disk space. how do i get more?

The only way i managed this was:

Remove 25% of your data (to another drive) defrag until NO fragmented files are found, then deep defrag, then put all your other data back on and do the same thing.

If it "locks up" with the same problem, remove 12% of your data and do it again, this software seems to lack the ability to order a large amount of data, once its done it, it works well, but until you get to the point, move data off the system.

Archived