IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter 1.0 Beta

zer0ne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great catch Ibrad, thanks for the heads up.

If you choose IMF to be executed when the Windows startup,

The Registry Data for:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run

should be correct as:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe" /autostart

instead of faulty:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware FighterIMF.exe" /autostart

Temporary Solution:

Add the following registry to the same place.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run

as String Value Name:

IObit Malware Fighter1

with Data value:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe" /autostart

for IMF to be executed with startup of Windows.

Well, IMF interrupts the change and you have to Allow the change.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6599&d=1294098538

That may describe the behaviour of IMF why when MBAM is installed IMF interferes with it. (It shouldn't flag it malware though.)

Cheers.

Hi SECURITY360,

When IMF is in Real-time protection, a registry addition or change is flagged as Risk of Modifting Registry even if you are doing it manually for a change of a value for IMF.

Why I went back to being a "junior member?

Please send PMs to Admins. and ask.

Cheers.

All my disks are not listed !

I tried IObit Malware Fighter for my system disk. Wonderful, it has found 4 malwares not found by others. Thaks.

But when I tried a custom scan, I found all my other disks except the one I expected to scan.

This one has no particularity except that it is shared with other computers on my local Network !

Have you an idea ?:shock::sad::oops:

I haven't downloaded the beta as of yet. Glad to hear there are no conflicts with ESET. I am a bit short on memory and wondering if it slows the computer up. Anyone find any drain or slowness if it is running on active?

KOR-

Did the install of MF and so far so good. I can't tell yet if it is slowing things up. I am wondering about the various realtime protection modules and how many I need to be active with my ESET Smart Security. Thanks IObit.

KOR-

I tried IObit Malware Fighter for my system disk. Wonderful, it has found 4 malwares not found by others. Thaks.

But when I tried a custom scan, I found all my other disks except the one I expected to scan.

This one has no particularity except that it is shared with other computers on my local Network !

Have you an idea ?:shock::sad::oops:

Hi ontario,

Welcome to IObit forums.

Would you please attach a screenshot when you try to process a custom scan? So we can understand your problem better.

We make a sample.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6610&stc=1&d=1294368903

Thank you in advance.

Malware Fighter

Just downloaded and installed the beta of IMF. Big improvement on 360 visually and by features. Time will tell as to how effective it is but I have never had any problems in the past with 360 and I am a big fan of Iobit products. I do a lot of troubleshooting computers of friends and colleagues and as a matter of course I install the free versions of ASC3 and 360 with recommendations to upgrade.

hope your anti-malware etc can help me ...

Hello ... have been using the demo of ASC 3 for awhile and have found it's pretty impressive ... so I decided last night to go ahead and get the full version + whatever free goodies came with it today ... so today I saw your great price and did a couple of errands online first before downloading ... BIG mistake ... I went to check a *history* website (yep, history) and BANG ... I got a virus ... this is on my regular laptop, not on this relic I am using now ... I found that if I come up in protected mode I can get my CLEAR modem to activate and I can get online and use Opera for a couple of minutes online before Opera crashes and that can use I.E. 8 not at all ... the only thing that comes up strong is a window giving me the opportunity to purchase a "new" key code for "Windows Optimization and Security" ... even if Iobit software could solve my problem, I don't know how I could load it ... have not yet tried to load anything from a flashdrive but I guess it might ... basically this virus seems to knock out any executive file, to knock out anything loads ... any info if your malware would help me would be appreciated .... thanks ...

Hello ... have been using the demo of ASC 3 for awhile and have found it's pretty impressive ... so I decided last night to go ahead and get the full version + whatever free goodies came with it today ... so today I saw your great price and did a couple of errands online first before downloading ... BIG mistake ... I went to check a *history* website (yep, history) and BANG ... I got a virus ... this is on my regular laptop, not on this relic I am using now ... I found that if I come up in protected mode I can get my CLEAR modem to activate and I can get online and use Opera for a couple of minutes online before Opera crashes and that can use I.E. 8 not at all ... the only thing that comes up strong is a window giving me the opportunity to purchase a "new" key code for "Windows Optimization and Security" ... even if Iobit software could solve my problem, I don't know how I could load it ... have not yet tried to load anything from a flashdrive but I guess it might ... basically this virus seems to knock out any executive file, to knock out anything loads ... any info if your malware would help me would be appreciated .... thanks ...

First cardinal rule. Once you know you have been infected unplug the damn thing. Don't let it have access to the internet.

Second, Rouge av's often comes by way of a downloader which means you will have lots more than just "windows opitimization and security" on your system.

Third, disable windows recovery.

Fourth, get a boot time scanner from whatever av company you like and burn it to a cd / dvd from your other system. Then boot with the cd on the infected system.

Now try and install iobit 360, malware fighter is beta so wouldnt use that yet to clean an infected system. Also get whatever av you like and try to install. Imo scan with a least 2 - 3 different av / malware scanners till you are satisfied your system is as good as it get.

At last copy whatever content you want to keep from the infected system and nuke it. (reformat & install).... Why? no av or malware software will ever remove all traces and your system will likely never perform as it used too without nuking it.

thanks lordsoh1 for your info + what I found ...

since I did not know what a "boot time scanner" was, I checked on google, and am posting the info link for who-ever else might find it useful... the link involves a free anti-virus program that will permit a "scheduling" of it to load hopefully before the virus which is already on the computer can attack it

http://www.techiecorner.com/166/avast-how-to-schedule-boot-time-scan-before-window-start/

since I did not know what a "boot time scanner" was, I checked on google, and am posting the info link for who-ever else might find it useful... the link involves a free anti-virus program that will permit a "scheduling" of it to load hopefully before the virus which is already on the computer can attack it

http://www.techiecorner.com/166/avast-how-to-schedule-boot-time-scan-before-window-start/

:) Yes avast boot time scanner should do the job if you can get it to install on the system. If you have trouble installing it on an infected system you can try avira rescue disk. It's a smalish linux like live cd/dvd that wil boot and run directly from the dvd allowing you to scan the system from there.

Off Topic

Hi everyone :smile:

I should have moved the first post by al-1852 to the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section, that was my mistake.

I appreciate that members are trying to help al-1852 but virus/malware removal procedures such as have been recently posted should only be done with the assistance of a Malware Fighter in the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

I have deleted the latter posts that described virus/malware removal instructions and if al-1852 returns asking for more help then he/she will be directed to the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

Thanks for understanding and now lets get back On Topic which is IObit Malware Fighter 1.0 Beta :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

A little warning would have been nice you know, I could have deleted it manually I think. I spent a good amount of time on that post. :|

Malware removal suggestions only through the assistance of a malware fighter? This isn't star wars?! We non-malware nerds can't assist in the most minor of threats? 불공 평해! 아니면 내가 이해하지?! :-?

Eh, whatever. To improve MF just go to malwaredomainlist.com and use their malware list for the next upcoming virus database releases. I have tested both Iobit 360 and MF beta, and, they suck. MF is a little improvement, and scored a bit higher than 360, but it still sucked. :roll:

EDIT:

불공 평해! 아니면 내가 이해하지?!

It's not fair! Or am I not understanding?!

Nothing personal

Hi WinDefend

Please don't take it personally, I didn't mention you by name and I admitted it was my mistake to leave the post here and not move it to Spyware-Malware Removal Help!

It is simply that this thread is not the place to assist in virus/malware removal.

Hope you understand and now we can get back On Topic :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived