IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

reaper-binder

solbjerg

Hi All

In the 1950's the reaper-binder was the most common way of harvesting in Denmark.

I remember a story my father told me when I was a teenager.

A farmer had just bought his first reaper-binder after having harvested the fields by scythe previously.

He tried to make it work, but everytime something was wrong with the knotting apparatus. After he had tried to make it work for half a day he got so mad that he went home - got his shotgun and pumped several shots into the harvesting machine. That didn't do the trick either, so he finally sent for the blacksmith - and he fixed it.

I think we have all had the same feeling as the farmer, when we started using the computer, but by now we know that the computer is a temperamental son of a ***** once in a while. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Inanimate objects don't respond

.... got his shotgun and pumped several shots into the harvesting machine. That didn't do the trick either....

:lol: ha ha :lol:

That reminds me of the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil Fawlty's car wouldn't start so after warning it a few times he finally got a big stick and gave it a good thrashing.

I have never beaten a car with a stick but I have threatened a few and even begged :mrgreen:

I have been quite lucky with computers so far but then I only got my first computer 2 years ago so there is still plenty of time for frustrating events to happen.

However, slow as mud internet connection has caused me such exasperated frustration it has had me begging, threatening or just throwing my hands up in the air and walking away :roll:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

Impressive how much you already know!! But perhaps you used computers for years at work before getting a personal one?

Sometimes strange how the mind works - I still try to find out how the computers works, but I have given up on how to set up the television and it's antenna, - I leave that to my sons - my daugthers react like I now do.

Perhaps a bit like the fact that not many women are comfortable with mathematics.

(many men aren't either) ;-)

Cheers

solbjerg

:lol: ha ha :lol:

That reminds me of the Fawlty Towers episode where Basil Fawlty's car wouldn't start so after warning it a few times he finally got a big stick and gave it a good thrashing.

I have never beaten a car with a stick but I have threatened a few and even begged :mrgreen:

I have been quite lucky with computers so far but then I only got my first computer 2 years ago so there is still plenty of time for frustrating events to happen.

However, slow as mud internet connection has caused me such exasperated frustration it has had me begging, threatening or just throwing my hands up in the air and walking away :roll:

All the best, woz of oz

Reminds me of the day when the old steam engine which ran practically every machine at the local mill suddenly stopped. Despite the efforts of all the engineers and experts around, the old engine would not start again. In desperation the mill manager contacted the old retired engineer who came to the mill, gave the engine one good belt with a large hammer and stood back as the engine burst into life. The mill manger was overjoyed and told the old engineer to send in his bill. However, he soon contacted the old bloke again and asked him to explain the $500.00 bill for something which only took five minutes. The itemised account he then received read: Hitting engine with hammer $10.00. Knowing where to hit it $490.00.

Hi Ted

Right - expertise costs! :-)

My girlfriend often uses the method of waiting when her car won't start.

"It'll probably be ok tomorrow" approach.

The amazing thing is that it sometimes works :-)

(it even sometimes work with computers too) :-) (at least we know that a restart have that effect sometimes) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Reminds me of the day when the old steam engine which ran practically every machine at the local mill suddenly stopped. Despite the efforts of all the engineers and experts around, the old engine would not start again. In desperation the mill manager contacted the old retired engineer who came to the mill, gave the engine one good belt with a large hammer and stood back as the engine burst into life. The mill manger was overjoyed and told the old engineer to send in his bill. However, he soon contacted the old bloke again and asked him to explain the $500.00 bill for something which only took five minutes. The itemised account he then received read: Hitting engine with hammer $10.00. Knowing where to hit it $490.00.

Archived