IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Graph Report

I was doing a search but came up with none. How do I interpret the graph after the defrag is done? Are there any instructions to understand the colors and the spaces and gaps shown. The report is basically long text but the display I would like to know how to determine how good the fragmentation went. Thanks

Hi jamstyle

In the low left corner of the SD main window you have a string of colored boxes, - if you hover over each one you will see a pop-up that tells you what that color stands for.

This is also described in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS - please read that also!

Cheers

solbjerg

I was doing a search but came up with none. How do I interpret the graph after the defrag is done? Are there any instructions to understand the colors and the spaces and gaps shown. The report is basically long text but the display I would like to know how to determine how good the fragmentation went. Thanks

How do I interpret the graph after the defrag is done?

Keep in mind that the Block-graph is a Generalized depiction,

Not actual hard-drive geometry, such as Heads, Sectors, Tracks or Cylinders.

I found that enlargeing the graph-window by dragging out lower-right corner, gives a better depiction.

Now that I am understanding the mechanics of the process after reading the page you suggested I have 3 questions. When I ran fast optimize it took about 8 minutes. I then I played around with deep optimize which supposed to take longer but it was done in a flash-less than half the time of the fast optimize. How do you explain that. Also those immovable files in black I think are they systems files or what?

Also i have read some post were members are complaining about the new betta version. I am shy to try it so I am running the version 1.5 for now. Any improvement on the new betta 2 version?

When I ran fast optimize it took about 8 minutes. I then I played around with deep optimize which supposed to take longer but it was done in a flash-less than half the time of the fast optimize. How do you explain that.

I noticed that Fast & Full seem to be Reversed somehow and mentioned it in another thread of this forum.

I've Not gotten an answer but I think the programmers know about it and hopefully that will be resolved in a future update version?

Also i have read some post were members are complaining about the new beta version. I am shy to try it so I am running the version 1.5 for now. Any improvement on the new beta 2 version?

I have found IObit to be very prompt about fixing any problems and are continually updateing and improving their software.

Hi jamstyle

When you run Fast optimize it defragments AND optimizes the drive.

If you then shortly after that run a Deep optimize the drive will then already be defragged and almost completely optimized and the Deep optimize will probably only have to move a few things. (That should not take long :-) )

The fast Optimize is almost always recommended when you run Analyze first.

The immovable blocks can be several things (read about it in Usage of IObit Products) - some of them are programs in use.

IObit themselves see SD2 beta 2 as better than SD1.5 - the really important thing is that you do not run automatic functions in both programs, but decide which program you will use for that and close the other one, and if you want to run the other program - then close the first one while you do that.

SD2 beta 2 feels faster than SD1.5 and it has the opportunity to run a boot time defrag.

Just be aware that you are running a beta product and that some people - perhaps you - may encounter a glitch.

Cheers

solbjerg

Now that I am understanding the mechanics of the process after reading the page you suggested I have 3 questions. When I ran fast optimize it took about 8 minutes. I then I played around with deep optimize which supposed to take longer but it was done in a flash-less than half the time of the fast optimize. How do you explain that. Also those immovable files in black I think are they systems files or what?

Also i have read some post were members are complaining about the new betta version. I am shy to try it so I am running the version 1.5 for now. Any improvement on the new betta 2 version?

Archived