IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Security 360 free and Avast 5 free(conflict)

caki 22

Windows XP pro sp3

Avast 5 free v 5.1.889

Iobit Security 360 free v 1.6

I have a problem that I had to Unistall security 360 free, the conflict between Avast and security 360, is that occasionally turned off avast protection at start up Windows XP Pro SP3, in the avast forum told me to unistall security 360 and there will not be conflict. I used 360 security free almost 2 years, and unfortunately I had to unistall.

When I unistall Security 360 I had no problem with Avast 5 free real-time protection shields.

If you can correct the error so that the two programs could work together.

Hi caki

Please help me understand!

You say that is360 occationally kept Avast from starting at startup.

How did you determine that? Through taskmanager? Or was it that the icon in the systemtray occationally was missing?

When this happened did you then try to run a chkdsk - or perhaps just a restart?

Cheers

solbjerg

Windows XP pro sp3

Avast 5 free v 5.1.889

Iobit Security 360 free v 1.6

I have a problem that I had to Unistall security 360 free, the conflict between Avast and security 360, is that occasionally turned off avast protection at start up Windows XP Pro SP3, in the avast forum told me to unistall security 360 and there will not be conflict. I used 360 security free almost 2 years, and unfortunately I had to unistall.

When I unistall Security 360 I had no problem with Avast 5 free real-time protection shields.

If you can correct the error so that the two programs could work together.

Thread please

......in the avast forum told me to unistall security 360 and there will not be conflict.......

Could you please point us to the thread on the Avast forum, I searched for it but could not find anything relevant.

It would help us to understand what was wrong if we can see how they came to that conclusion.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi caki

Please help me understand!

You say that is360 occationally kept Avast from starting at startup.

How did you determine that? Through taskmanager? Or was it that the icon in the systemtray occationally was missing?

When this happened did you then try to run a chkdsk - or perhaps just a restart?

Cheers

solbjerg

avast conflict arises and security 360 and occasionally (NO start AVAST - real time shields - protection in start up windows automatic)

I checked all-chdsk-and everything is fine

it does not matter whether the iobit 360 in startup or not, is always going conflict with Avast, so I unistall Security 360

ad / remove programs in windows

picture shows what happens with avast when using IObit Security 360 free and Avast free together

see picture

Hi caki

Thank you for the screenshot!

Then there are at least two possibilities - something in ASC closes the real time shield - or the latest updates from Avast tries to protect itself from IS360 for some reason by closing down the real time shield.

IObit antagonists could possibly be the reason that Avast has chosen that setting in their program - because of feedback from users or from WOT

We will have to wait and hear what IObit says!

Have you experienced this behavior previously?

Cheers

solbjerg

avast conflict arises and security 360 and occasionally (NO start AVAST - real time shields - protection) in start up windows

I checked all-chdsk-and everything is fine

it does not matter whether the iobit 360 in startup or not, is always going conflict with Avast, so I unistall Security 360

ad / remove programs in windows

picture shows what happens with avast when using IObit Security 360 free and Avast free together

see picture

Problems began to occur with versions Avast free 5.1.864 and 5.1.889 , before that is not happening these problems with REAL TIME SHIELDS,

Avast forum suggest that only used the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free

for a second opinion: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

that would not be happening protection Avast problems when using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free , that they propose as a solution.

My post on the Avast forum with this problem, when I used the IObit Security 360 free v 1.6 (February 20, 2011)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=71701.0

Now I use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free, and I have no problems with Avast, solve this problem so that I could still use IObit Security 360 free with Avast 5 free

Hi caki

Thanks for the information!

In my opinion it is then most probable that Avast has put some parameters into the program that creates this problem.

IS360 v. 160 is about 4 weeks old I think.

Let's hear what IObit says :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Problems began to occur with versions Avast free 5.1.864 and 5.1.889 , before that is not happening these problems with REAL TIME SHIELDS,

Avast forum suggest that only used the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free

for a second opinion: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

that would not be happening protection Avast problems when using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free , that they propose as a solution.

My post on the Avast forum with this problem, when I used the IObit Security 360 free v 1.6 (February 20, 2011)

Now I use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free, and I have no problems with Avast, solve this problem so that I could still use IObit Security 360 free with Avast 5 free

Other Avast users with this problem

Reading your thread at the Avast forum there are two other users with the same problem as you but they don't mention using any IObit products.

Member Ho-chi-minh replied to your thread and says that rolling back to a previous version of Avast fixes the problem, Ho-chi-minh has been asking about this since Febuary 15th in the thread avastsvc.exe "starting" problem

It seems the problem has only occured since Avast was recently updated and so I am sure Avast will have a look at the situation and try to find out what has changed.

All the best, woz of oz

Member Ho-chi-minh replied to your thread and says that rolling back to a previous version of Avast fixes the problem, Ho-chi-minh has been asking about this since Febuary 15th in the thread avastsvc.exe "starting" problem

I read your link to the Avast forum and I understand what you say it's OK, I agree with you.

But the link that I put My post on the Avast forum will see another( user NISANTH) who has a problem with Avast and use Spybot - Search & Destroy program that has the same function as security 360,He posted Hijack This’ -log file

It seems to me that Avast works in cooperation with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and eliminates other security software like Iobit Security 360 or Spybot Search & Destroy.

description

Spybot - Search & Destroy

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Hi guys,

The point that MBAM free does not have real-time protection is deliberety missed in that forum.

IMHO, advising to use it with Avast free in that forum without mentioning the lack of real-time protection of that specific software version was not a good guidance.

FYI, SS&D has an option of TeaTimer for real-time protection.

Certainly it would be very easy and without any problems to run the Ministry of Education if there were no schools! :-P

No real-time protection from a third party software, no problems, no conflict!!! Ha ha ha.

Unfortunate other Anti virus software companies couldn't think that.....

I think, either IObit should contact Avast for that glitch, or/and users of Avast should insist Avast to correct that wrong behaviour in the program.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Certainly it would be very easy and without any problems to run the Ministry of Education if there were no schools! :razz:

In my experience they would have found a lot to squabble about anyway. :-)

But you are right!

When I insist and suggest that a bug in the avast in avast forum, they say you only use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Avast together.

They say that Avast works with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Pro version that has Real-Time Protection and has no problem with Avast.

It appears that many will wait until they AVAST team "fix" AVAST, maybe they are not interested to fix.

l wait a new version of Avast and I will see then if they fix this problem.

Archived