IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Idea, I hope.

I have noticed that when defraging a USB drive, sometimes there is not enough space to completely defrag it. I have a 8gb USB drive, with 10 big AVI movie files 734mb each, it will not complete as it cannot move all the fragments, unless they are smaller files. Pictures seem to do better.

WELL, I remember an AMIGA defrager called, BLITZ A DISK. Or BAD. This used a VIRTUAL space on another hard drive as kind of a cache when there was not enough space. It would transfer that file. And then retransfer it back while defraging it. If I was on one hard drive partition, but there was not enough room, I could tell it to use another drive partition for the virtual drive. It would work for the old floppy disks too!

Please look into the possibility of this. That way ALL your completely filled drives could still be completely defragged.

Other than that, I like your program, I use it quite often.

(is it one G or two G's??????)

Thanks,

Boomer12k

Sounds like a Great option for flash-drives!

BUT!

One problem I can see is that it would give people an excuse to let there hard-drives get too full,

and hard-drives being too full can cause Many other problems.

Many people have only one HD partition, and when the System partition gets full the system stops working,

and with only one full HD there's no where to set up the virtual drive.

Nope, we All Need Larger USB Flash-drives and More Large Hard-drives to keep Us and our Computers Happy. :grin:

(I saw some inexpensive 32.GB flash-drives on eBay the other day)

IMHO Good Idea. Suggested before.

I remember < ... snip ... > defrager < ... snip ... > [that] used a VIRTUAL space on another hard drive as kind of a cache when there was not enough space.

Hey boomer. IMHO Good Idea. Suggested before. I have suggested an optional swap volume/drive on a 2nd HDD or SSD that would be used. A USB drive might be slow but who cares if SD can runs overnight.

JJ

Archived