IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

privacy sweep lacking

timothy

i noticed that the ASC 4 privacy sweep is still lacking in removing the more malicious and clinging cookies, such as those from less reputable sites, which i will not mention. has anyone else had this problem, and if so what types of cookies and history are remaining?

i would also appreciate any help in fixing it for the time being

Hi Toppack,

Privacy Sweep is not updated, and concerning cookies, it deletes the cookies at their standard locations, the persistent cookies are created immediately when they are deleted and most of the toolbars are the causes of those cookies if not deliberately created by a specific program.

If you try Cookies Manager in Win manager of ASC3, you can find out which are created immediately and find out the location of them.

Hi timothy,

Please mention the names of those persistent cookies, so IObit can further investigate them.

Cheers.

cookie sweep

I dont actually use privacy sweep for cookies, but in firefox the option ask every time facilty helps you build up your white list,(takes a while), hence no need for it.

i also use the betterprivacy ap to get rid off LSO's (super cookies).

Archived