IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Doctor, Utility ?

Toppack

Has Any one Used the 'Disk-doctor' utility, in ASC, to Fix hard-drive errors?

It's my understanding that when Disk-doctor starts finding errors then the drive is Failing and may Quit operating soon?

Since I don't have any Bad drives presently connected, I have never seen Disk-doctor find or fix errors, so have not been able to test wheather it Works or Not.

I'm Curious if anyone else has and with what Results?

Hi Toppack

Yeah, I have.

The disk doctor is very very similar to chkdsk /f

It takes a little while to finish - like chkdsk-, and once finished it will usually say "No Errors", but if you then click the button "Details" you will get a report of the checking of the disk (what errors it has fixed and so on), which you will be able to save if you should be so inclined.

You will get almost the same report if you run a chkdsk /f and then find that report in your administrative tools.

I use XP sp3

Cheers

solbjerg

Has Any one Used the 'Disk-doctor' utility, in ASC, to Fix hard-drive errors?

It's my understanding that when Disk-doctor starts finding errors then the drive is Failing and may Quit operating soon?

Since I don't have any Bad drives presently connected, I have never seen Disk-doctor find or fix errors, so have not been able to test wheather it Works or Not.

I'm Curious if anyone else has and with what Results?

Hi Toppack

Yeah, I have.

The disk doctor is very very similar to chkdsk /f

Okay Great!

I was Hopeing that's what it was.

Chkdsk can be such a bother to run, since it's a DOS program, and if we can still get into Windows OS it sounds like Disk-doctor would be the best to try First, to fix drive errors. :grin:

nglish (United States)

C:\ Volume Label: Local Disk, File System: NTFS

Advanced SystemCare is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...

220160 file records processed.

File verification completed.

135 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

2 EA records processed.

44 reparse records processed.

Advanced SystemCare is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...

Error detected in index $I30 for file 41404.

260064 index entries processed.

if you then click the button "Details" you will get a report of the checking of the disk (what errors it has fixed and so on), which you will be able to save if you should be so inclined.

But that's what I Do Not understand?

When I click 'Show Details' all I get is a Blank 'details' window with No details or data? :?:

(I just tried it again with same results)

Why does it not have similar Info as gorin002's data report?

Or does it Only generate a Report when and if it finds errors? (mine always says 'no errors found' on disk-check page)

Okay I've determined that 'Disk Doctor' in ASC-4 is NOT Working Properly! :!:

When I ran the 'Disk Check' utility in the standalone Toolbox V1.1 package, I got the Full Details data.

Disk-doctor and Disk-check are supposed to be similar and do the Same thing.

But Disk-doctor is not returning any report data when Disk-check will. :sad:

It must have Lost something when Toolbox package was added to ASC-4 package?

I get the same Failure when directly running the Sur12_DiskDoctor.exe file, so problem is in that .exe program.

I tried the Sup_DiskDoctor.exe program in ASC-3 and it Works great, so problem is only with ASC-4 version.

Note- I also noticed that the ASC-4 version does not list my Memory-module-drives but the ASC-3 & ToolboxV1.1 versions Do.

Disk-doctor in ASC-4 Only list Hard-drives and their partitions.

So that is another major difference, but I doubt anyone would ever want to run Disk-doctor to test a Memory-module?

(We use Memory-modules in our digital-cameras and to transfer pictures to computers)

I downloaded and tried Toolbox 1.2.

And the Details Report works great in that version also.

So, it's only the ASC-4 version that does Not work properly.

Note - The Memory-module-drives are removed in Toolbox V1.2 also

Perhaps, IObit is going to use it in future releases of ASC4.

Assuming they Know about the problem in ASC-4 ???

Archived