IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot RDP after running ACS

madgvr4

Hi madgvr4

I suppose you ran it it without reading Usage of IObit Products ?

Please do!

You can try going into the restore center and roll back the changes made - then when you run ASC again check all "problems" and place those you want to keep in the Ignore List.

By the way - don't use the care button the first few times, until you have your preferences safely tucked away in the ignore list.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. By RDP I gather that you mean Remote Desktop Protocol?

p.p.s. By the way start the remote desktop protocol in you services again!

I just got this product and ran the full scan. I have managed to block my RDP access. I RDP to about 30 different sites a day and really need to understand how to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

RDP reaquiring

I have ran the free version for a long time with no problems, but when I went pro I could no longer RDP into my server as well, but I have not been able to locate the changes you made to reacquire RDP capabilities. I have changed my optimizations to server business user to no avail and I cant see where RDP was shut off. Can someone please tell me what to turn back on? or what to change? telling me you got it working by changing your optimization doesn't give me much of a clue....

Sorry

This appears to be a Serious Problem that IObit needs to look into!

I would first look at which utilities that were run in ASC and determine what they may have changed, if you are sure it was one of the ASC utilities that effected RDP? You need to determine which one is effecting it so you can disable that utility in ASC and still be able to run the others.

My guess is that 'clip-board mapping' may be what is being changed?

Here's link to Info about RDP, for those of us that are not familiar with how it works:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383015(v=vs.85).aspx

Further investigation

I have ran the free version for a long time with no problems, but when I went pro I could no longer RDP into my server as well, but I have not been able to locate the changes you made to reacquire RDP capabilities. I have changed my optimizations to server business user to no avail and I cant see where RDP was shut off. Can someone please tell me what to turn back on? or what to change? telling me you got it working by changing your optimization doesn't give me much of a clue....

Sorry

Hi dolson,

Would you please try to

1) Change back to basic (user) in Option>System Optimization.

2) Do a System Optimization Scan in Diagnose and Fix problem found.

3) Retry RDP to see whether this issue remains.

Sorry for the inconvenience happened to you.

Best Regards.

Still no RDP

I have changed to basic as requested and did a diagnose scan as requested (sorry for the time lag I was out of state for a bit) nothing has changed none of the computers on my network can rdp to this box anymore.

This is a new machine in my basement that has only been accessed by rdp up to this point because its been cold, running the free version for about a month while I set the new machine up. At the point I went pro all I have done is run the maintain windows, diagnose system (after the pro set up was done). everything looked fine locally. When I went back upstairs to rdp back in I got the errors. I have checked the firewall and all the remote desktop rules are set. I have checked services and rdp is running. I can rdp to machines but can not rdp back in.

I am looking at the documentation Toppack listed but not sure where to check clipboard settings.

BUT!!! (after I posted this) I upgraded to 3.8 and I rebooted the machine, I rechecked the firewall permissions again and now its working. It may have been firewall permissions that didn't take right, or the upgrade fixed it, I don't really know but it looks like ASC is inocent of any wrong doing.

Sorry all.......

Is there a changes log for optimization?

I know when I read through the suggested changed on the first optimization the only thing that struck my eye was prevent remote changes to settings which made sense at the time I thought. Is there a log of what was changed so I could go back and undo some of the changes and retry?

Archived