IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.0 Final is very glitch.

jungleexplorer

Just installed SD 2.0. It freezes almost instantly. This seems to occur mostly when trying to selecting and deselecting drives on the main screen, but will still happen after a few minutes of doing nothing. It is not a total freeze though where you have to use CTRL, ALT Delete to shut it down. Basically, nothing on the main screen will work, but you can still open the "settings" menu. The Minimize, Expand and Exit button also work. There are no error codes or anything else to report other then the behavior I have stated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times running ASV to clean the register after each uninstall. I had the previous version of SD installed and it worked fine. 2.0 was an update to the version that was working fine, so I know it is glitches with the software and not my system. They should have not called this version "Final" yet as it is still in beta and has some glitches to work out.

This sounds like exactly the same prob. I've been having. I had a long post going on this and it just dead ended. You described things little better than I did though. Hope this gets worked out as I went back to 1.5 which never game me an issue. =)

Please remember that IObit can Not Fix what they have Not seen, on the Hundreds of computers that do Not have that glitch.

So, I'm sure any help in determining how your computers hardware or software are different would be appreciated.

My guess is that some other software is running in background, which halts the defrag operation.

(such as software updates or secutity software scans)

Hi jungleexplorer

The most important thing about a "Clean Install" is to uninstall AND then remove/delete the program folders in both "programs" and "documents&settings" before installing the program again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Just installed SD 2.0. It freezes almost instantly. This seems to occur mostly when trying to selecting and deselecting drives on the main screen, but will still happen after a few minutes of doing nothing. It is not a total freeze though where you have to use CTRL, ALT Delete to shut it down. Basically, nothing on the main screen will work, but you can still open the "settings" menu. The Minimize, Expand and Exit button also work. There are no error codes or anything else to report other then the behavior I have stated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times running ASV to clean the register after each uninstall. I had the previous version of SD installed and it worked fine. 2.0 was an update to the version that was working fine, so I know it is glitches with the software and not my system. They should have not called this version "Final" yet as it is still in beta and has some glitches to work out.

I am glad I am not the only one that has this issue. I used the Beta of SD2 for months prior. One of the first betas would completely freeze on me too. I can't remember how I got it to work, but this "Final" version will not function for me on my home PC.

I also have it on my work PC, and it works without issue. The difference there is that I never installed the beta on my work PC. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I have tried the "clean" install, but it didn't help. I must have left something behind that I need to remove. Are there any registry values that need to be deleted before I install SD2 Final?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THX,

Einstein47

I will try disabling my A/V and then reinstalling.

This is what I found in the "feedback.log" file. The latest entries:

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Entry IsTaskExists[smartDefrag_Startup]

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Get version: 5.1.2600

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Leave IsTaskExists[0]

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Entry IsTaskExists[smartDefrag_Schedule]

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Get version: 5.1.2600

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] GetTaskByName.Activate error: The system cannot find the file specified.

[2011-03-30 19:22:49] Leave IsTaskExists[80070002]

[2011-03-30 19:22:50] Entry DeleteTask[smartDefrag_Auto]

[2011-03-30 19:22:50] Get version: 5.1.2600

[2011-03-30 19:22:50] Leave DeleteTask[80070002]

I don't know which file was specified that couldn't be found. Maybe something in the install didn't work exactly right. I'll do the re-install without the A/V and report my results.

• 2 weeks later...

SD freezes because my wireless USB mouse...

I have a similar problem with SD 2.0 and 2.0.1 and it started when I got a wireless Logitech USB mouse, model M705, with the miniture USB plugin...

Switched back to a regular wired USB mouse and exited the Logitech systray app and works fine.... This is also what I want to report to IOBIT...

Hope this helps...

I think I found a solution (if so, this is a bug in Smart Defrag 2.0 for Win XP pro). If you click on the "Settings" near the top right of the window, does the Settings window display?

If it does, select "User Interface" on the left, adjust the Transparency slider to the middle, click the "Recommended" button, then the "OK" button. Does Smart Defrag 2 work now?

I think there is a bug in the transparency setting that "freezes" the user interface on Win XP Pro. Smart Defrag is running, but it isn't updating the user interface, so it looks like it is "locked up".

Please try this and post your results.

-= Einy =-

Archived