IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Won't do anything

I have installed and deinstalled SD twice. When I click Defrag or Analyze the status bar flashes on the drive selected and I think a progress bar flashes below the Defrag and Analyze buttons then status go's back to idle. Happens fast then nothing. Any help please. / J

Hi sullivan

Please try plugging in your laptop.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have installed and deinstalled SD twice. When I click Defrag or Analyze the status bar flashes on the drive selected and I think a progress bar flashes below the Defrag and Analyze buttons then status go's back to idle. Happens fast then nothing. Any help please. / J

Thanks, I have already removed the program from my Net-book out of frustration. I downloaded the program to my desktop and it worked just fine and I think I will keep it. Your suggestions where probably the solution for the Net-book as I now see that check-box in settings on the desktop. Too bad I did not get an error message to help me. Something like "plug it in stupid" would have worked. I also think that it could have been brought up on the "Setup Screen" instead of the Skin and Language options which I thought where of no use. Neither item I considered important. Especially the English part. I thought that had already been decided. O well. Thanks for the quick help and support! / J

hi sullivanjay

I like your integrity!

We have all of us tried that situation I think, - I usually always run it plugged in, but the plugs can work loose without one noticing and that works the same way. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks, I have already removed the program from my Net-book out of frustration. I downloaded the program to my desktop and it worked just fine and I think I will keep it. Your suggestions where probably the solution for the Net-book as I now see that check-box in settings on the desktop. Too bad I did not get an error message to help me. Something like "plug it in stupid" would have worked. I also think that it could have been brought up on the "Setup Screen" instead of the Skin and Language options which I thought where of no use. Neither item I considered important. Especially the English part. I thought that had already been decided. O well. Thanks for the quick help and support! / J

Hate to piggyback an existing thread but seems pointless to start a new one!

SD2.x doesn't do anything on my Acer AOA150. The program installs and loads up the main screen but nothing on the screen responds to any mouse input except the red "X" to close the screen! The battery is fully charged plus the netbook is running while connected to A/C wall power.

On my desktop version, the mouse pointer lets me change "Auto defrag" and "Boot time defrag" from "Yes" to "No" and viceversa but on the netboot there is no response. None of the pulldown boxes work to choose defrag option on any drive volume.

Product has been uninstalled and reinstalled while on wall power. Versions previous to 2.x have work perfectly on the WinXP sp3 OS.

Hi Zappattazz, welcome to the Forum! :grin:

Silly questions but,

-Did you try unticking "Stop defragmenting while using battery (Recommended)" option under -Defragmentation- in General settings of Settings and clicking Apply button and OK button to see if it works?

-Does it show unticked after exiting SD and Restarting Windows?

-Did you try temporarly disabling all security softwares?

Cheers.

If you click on the "Settings" near the top right of the window, does the Settings window display?

If it does, select "User Interface" on the left, adjust the Transparency slider to the middle, click the "Recommended" button, then the "OK" button. Does Smart Defrag 2 work now?

I think there is a bug in the transparency setting that "freezes" the user interface. Smart Defrag is running, but it isn't updating the user interface, so it looks like it is "locked up".

Please try this and post your results.

-= Einy =-

• 4 months later...

I have the very same problem! I'm working in Windows XP, SP3, Desktop. Purchased the full version of ASC downloaded the SD and it just hangs up, never does a thing. So disappointing..I'm going to have to uninstall and no longer use it as it is inoperable. Also, I've seen no changes in terms of speed, etc. on my computer by purchasing the full version (Pro 4.1) I'm just SO DISAPPOINTED with this...I've tried everything, :-? nothing works...what a waste!:cry:

Sorry to hear about your problems. :cry:

Is your problem with Smart-defrag? This is the Smart-defrag forum, Not the ASC forum.

If SD, the software works Great on Thousands of computers,

so that tells me that you doing something wrong or there is something wrong with your computer? :?:

So, I would suggest that you have someone test your computer, to determine what is wrong with it.

My guess is a defective Hard-drive, if you tried reloading the software with no positive results?

Sorry to hear about your problems. :cry:

Is your problem with Smart-defrag? This is the Smart-defrag forum, Not the ASC forum.

If SD, the software works Great on Thousands of computers,

so that tells me that you doing something wrong or there is something wrong with your computer? :?:

So, I would suggest that you have someone test your computer, to determine what is wrong with it.

My guess is a defective Hard-drive, if you tried reloading the software with no positive results?

If you would read my comment you'd see that I stated I was having the same problem as the other poster regarding SD...It worked fine for 2 or 3 days and then suddenly stopped working, just shows Idle! There is nothing wrong with my computer, everything else is running properly. Thank you for your...response!

When I click Defrag or Analyze the status bar flashes on the drive selected and I think a progress bar flashes below the Defrag and Analyze buttons then status go's back to idle. Happens fast then nothing.

Okay, It seems to me that the only thing that could cause it to stop working, after being okay for several days, is a corrupted SD program file.

So, if you completely removed the program files and reinstalled it, and that did not fix it, I have no other suggestions.

Hi Khandie

It certainly sounds like the classic situation where a laptop is attempted to be used for the defrag while running on batteries and the setting saying that this is not a good idea.

Please plug in the power!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the very same problem! I'm working in Windows XP, SP3, Desktop. Purchased the full version of ASC downloaded the SD and it just hangs up, never does a thing. So disappointing..I'm going to have to uninstall and no longer use it as it is inoperable. Also, I've seen no changes in terms of speed, etc. on my computer by purchasing the full version (Pro 4.1) I'm just SO DISAPPOINTED with this...I've tried everything, :-? nothing works...what a waste!:cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived