IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I like smart Defrag 2 but?

Mighttuss

Ok I have used Smart Defrag for sometime now.From smart defrag to smart defrag 2,I love it! windows Defrag is very slow!

But I see something about smart Defrag that left me with some question? I went to PCPITSTOP.COM to see how my computer stacks up! In the defrag part of the report it said disk defrag at 40%,how can this be?

Lastnight before I went to bed I used Defrag and fully Optimize.When I seen pcpitstop report of this,I set Smart defrag for a boot time defrag as well,and when my pc came on,I defrag 4 times.And its still saying the disk has 40% fragment,how is this?

Hi Mighttuss

One cannot usually chech the fragmentation status by another defragger.

The parameters of their defraggers may be very different and would then yield wildly different results.

For example one program may have the parameter to place much used files at the rim of the harddisk plates the other may place those files a quite different place according to their parameters. This can give very different reports :-)

Please read Think about Defragmentation

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok I have used Smart Defrag for sometime now.From smart defrag to smart defrag 2,I love it! windows Defrag is very slow!

But I see something about smart Defrag that left me with some question? I went to PCPITSTOP.COM to see how my computer stacks up! In the defrag part of the report it said disk defrag at 40%,how can this be?

Lastnight before I went to bed I used Defrag and fully Optimize.When I seen pcpitstop report of this,I set Smart defrag for a boot time defrag as well,and when my pc came on,I defrag 4 times.And its still saying the disk has 40% fragment,how is this?

• 7 months later...
I am thinking that your right, it must be wrong. I am not familiar with the site, but could it be that their report is bogus because they are trying to sell you their product? I have been using smart defrag for a while now, and I think it beets the pants off of anything else available, especially windows degrag. Does anyone know anything about access control systems? What are they? Can someone please explain? Thank you.

I think they are trying to sell you something. I also have Norton SystemWorks on my computer, and it contains Norton Defrag, and it will tell me how much fragmentation is on my drive, but it will usually match very closely if not exactly, what Smart Defrag says because it is only measuring the amount of fragments from fragmented files are on the drive. I don't like to use Norton's De-fragmentation program now that I have Smart Defrag, and the Windows defragmenter is also too slow, as is the Norton Defragmentation program. Smart Defrag is the best Defragmenter I have used since I had the Symantec Norton System Works product.

years ago pc pitstop was an excellent place to test your computer. but its got too much based on adverts for software which i feel have a strong bias towards the results it shows i might be wrong as i cannot prove this but it is just no longer the good site it used to be in my opinion.

on defrag they all check to different standards based on their own programs and how they define optimise.

if you want an eye opener download a few defrags and ran one after each other.

• 1 year later...

smart defrag 2...

i loaded the smart defrag 2 and i love it ...but i did a boot defrag on my laptop running windows 7 and when it loaded ,it is asking for username and password.....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO??

PLEASE HELP!:???:

SmartDefrag must be run as administrator

Hi acetaker

Welcome. It sounds like an administrator problem or a corrupt file. You could try opening the Rescue Centre in ASC and do a restore to a time before you did the Boot Defrag. This may solve the issue.

If not, look at This link and This link, which may assist you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Archived