IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is SD-2 Beta 3.0

Toppack

I asked my wife to download what I thought was the latest version of SD (version 2.0.1), to one of our computers.

But what she somehow got is SD-2 3.0.

So, am I correct that 2.0.1 is later than 3.0?

If so, I somehow missed 3.0 completely until now.

Since All these different versions are available for download, how would a new user ever determine what is the Latest and Best to download?

hi Toppack

Where did she find that file - she must have magic powers, right? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I asked my wife to download what I thought was the latest version of SD (version 2.0.1), to one of our computers.

But what she somehow got is SD-2 3.0.

So, am I correct that 2.0.1 is later than 3.0?

If so, I somehow missed 3.0 completely until now.

Since All these different versions are available for download, how would a new user ever determine what is the Latest and Best to download?

Toppack, please go to IObit SmartDefrag v2.0.1 is released! thread and click the download button, it will take you to the correct MajorGeeks page. (http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d5318.html)

Download IObit SmartDefrag 2.0.1 dated 2011-04-11, which is the latest version.

The one you give link is BETA version IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 3.0 dated 2011-03-08. I don't know why MG keeps it for downloading anyway.:evil:

Cheers.

Hi Toppack

Followed your link (or your wife's) :-) and it does say version 3

Have you checked in the folder what the SmartDefrag.exe says in both your computers? Mine says version 2.0.1.978

Wasn't there a Sd 2 beta 3 before the SD 2 final and then the SD 2.01?

Cheers

solbjerg

She got it from MajorGeeks:

Since it had a higher number she thought it Must be a later version ???

http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d6672.html

This Planet Spins too Fast for Me! :mrgreen:

I guess what I need to know now is if 3.0 a Okay version to leave on that computer or should we try Again?

Archived