IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC4 uninstalled printer

After upgrading to ASC4 I run a deep scan followed by automatic repair action. Thereafter it seems that my printer was uninstalled. When I tried to reinstall the printer a message was displayed saying "irreparable defect; a later version of the 32 bit HP C10 components is already installed; msi.dot4wrp01".

I searched the internet for a solution but could not find it.

I wrote to Iobit Support but did not receive a usuable answer.

I now wonder whether there is anyone on this forum that can help me out.

I also receive regular messages saying that "an error occurred in the autocare.exe application; access violation at address 501FBDOC in module vd120.bpi; read of address 000000CF". I guess this is a known problem because I found two treads on this forum dealing with something like this. I also experience problems in sending the bug report.

But I wonder whether both messages have a link.

Anyway, you can imagine I feel very very handicapped. So, any assistance will be much appreciated.

What indications do you have that printer was disabled? Is it still listed in Device-Manager?

I did a search on the msi.dot4wrp01 file and found several reports saying that it was not compatible with an automatic OS update downloaded from Microsoft,

causing a problem.

I don't know if that is related to your problem, but you may need to get Latest update of printer-driver software from HP,

to replace older driver you have, and install that version?

Also see 2 solutions on this website:

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/fatal-error-during-installation-msidot4wrp01/

The device manager doesn't show any printer. Therefore I tried to reinstall it. Firstly via the installation disk and then via a driver from the support page of HP's website. I also executed the advices given in the links you refer to. Each time the proces is stopped after installing approx. 20% of the setup and always the same message about the 32 bit HP C10 components is shown.

I tried to find a solution from the side of HP but couldn't find anything about C10 components that can be deleted or so as to solve the problem.

I also tried to restore to the situation before ASC4 executed the operation causing the present dramatic situation. ACS4 refused to do so.

I tend to think that it should be possible to go back to a clean situation without ACS4 and without printer and then install the printer as if it were the first initial time.

Maybe I should perform a complete reinstallation of Windows but I don't dare to do so fearing even more trouble.

Up to-now I didn't experience other trouble than this but am afraid that ASC4 has removed other files as well. The other treads on this forum don't reassure me.

???

I think I would do an Explorer-File-Manager search for and find the msi.dot4wrp01 file, on your computer,

and change one letter to rename it. By renameing it, it should not be found when you reinstall latest version of it.

If that works, then you can go back and delete the renamed copy.

(By renaming and not deleting it to start with, you can always go back and rename it to original name if necessary)

That is exactly what I tried as well but it didn't the trick. I also tried *.dot4wrp01 and msi.* but none of this kind of files appeared to exist on my pc.

Because I'd got the impression the failure message was generated by a file called hpzmsi01.exe (which appeared to be installed 8 times! in various maps) I changed it to hxzmsi01.exe en tried installing the printer again but with the same disappointing result.

What intriques me is that C10 component. Any idea what it concerns and where I should look for it?

Sorry, but this is not the case. My printer is an HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One. My computer is an HP t470.

I also found the HP E-PC C10 computer on the internet but I don't think this has something to do with the C10 component mentioned in the fault message.

I observe two strange things:

1. Iobit ASC4 caused the problem but doesn't seam to feel any responsibility;

2. HP is concerned because of the C10 Component but also on the HP Forum (where I started a thread as well) nobody seems to be aware of what this component might be.

In fact you are the only one that has been thinking with me. However, I become afraid that you are running out your possibilities too. Thanks anyhow!

Repairing ASC V4 Damage

Have faith in Microsoft. Un-install V4 and from the System Help select System Restore and select a date before first installation of V4 and let Windows get back to life before V4. An alternative approach after un-installing V4 and possibly more secure is to re-boot PC and keep pressing <F8> key to get into Safe Mode and do System Restore from there.

And once back to normal install V3.8. Best of luck

The device manager doesn't show any printer. Therefore I tried to reinstall it. Firstly via the installation disk and then via a driver from the support page of HP's website. I also executed the advices given in the links you refer to. Each time the proces is stopped after installing approx. 20% of the setup and always the same message about the 32 bit HP C10 components is shown.

I tried to find a solution from the side of HP but couldn't find anything about C10 components that can be deleted or so as to solve the problem.

I also tried to restore to the situation before ASC4 executed the operation causing the present dramatic situation. ACS4 refused to do so.

I tend to think that it should be possible to go back to a clean situation without ACS4 and without printer and then install the printer as if it were the first initial time.

Maybe I should perform a complete reinstallation of Windows but I don't dare to do so fearing even more trouble.

Up to-now I didn't experience other trouble than this but am afraid that ASC4 has removed other files as well. The other treads on this forum don't reassure me.

I tried to do so but found that the farthest restore point is the day before yesterday.

I considered completely reinstalling Windows as well, but my pc was delivered without a separate CD. Windows had been installed already by HP.

The whole situation is very much disappointing and I am going to fear that there is no other solution than buying a new one.

I can hardly beleive that I'm the only one with a problem like this.

HP always did Do things a little Different. ;-) :lol:

It must be that the driver software has been corrupted and needs to be deleted, before re-installing,

Or Registry entries got deleted or changed somehow.

If you are not familiar with Editing the Registry, you may want to find someone that is.

Good Luck!

Hurrah!!! The problem has been solved!

I suddenly got the simple (and in hind sight bright) idea to make use of a different registry cleaner and repairer. And it did the job perfectly in just one stroke.

The program I used is Eusing's Free Registry Cleaning and Defragmenting Tool.

It was great to hear the printer come in again after 10 days of helplessness and over 40 lost hours for trial and error solutions that didn't work.

I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to thouroughly remove ASC from my PC. I dont think I'll return to ASC because of their uninterested and client unfriendly behaviour.

On the XP CD the whole of the op system is contained in folder I386. I would be surprised if HP didn't include a copy of this on your PC. Remember to set Folder options to show system and invisible files and do a search for I386. If you find it then copy to a memory stick (for safe keeping) and somehow you need to activate it to re-install windows. Having first un-installed V4. Ignore doing a repair with the Administrator, select install , and then you will get an option to do fresh install or repair. I would try for repair. Best of luck

hp printer software and reg cleaner do not mix well, not had a problem with my hp printer software and iobit but have had in the past with others.

my advice

uninstall hp software, run a deep reg scan with ASC.

then reinstall hp software, run another ASC scan, the only entries that ASC will then throw up will be the wrongly diagnosed hp ones. you can then note these so they are not deleted in error in future scans

Hurrah!!! The problem has been solved!

I suddenly got the simple (and in hind sight bright) idea to make use of a different registry cleaner and repairer. And it did the job perfectly in just one stroke.

The program I used is Eusing's Free Registry Cleaning and Defragmenting Tool.

It was great to hear the printer come in again after 10 days of helplessness and over 40 lost hours for trial and error solutions that didn't work.

I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to thouroughly remove ASC from my PC. I dont think I'll return to ASC because of their uninterested and client unfriendly behaviour.

Well done !!

Think there is a lesson there for all of us

As I've said before on this forum, you don't Have to use All of the many utilities in ASC.

Use the the ones you Need, and the ones you know are compatible with your system.

And find out what all the options actually Do, before activating them.

I Never put my hand down a Rabbit-hole until I find out if there is a Rattle-Snake down the hole. :roll: :lol:

For those that don't understand what I mean, I will just say:

Rabbit-stew is good and nourishing, and snake-Vinom is Not. :lol:

As I've said before on this forum, you don't Have to use All of the many utilities in ASC.

Use the the ones you Need, and the ones you know are compatible with your system.

And find out what all the options actually Do, before activating them.

I Never put my hand down a Rabbit-hole until I find out if there is a Rattle-Snake down the hole. :roll: :lol:

For those that don't understand what I mean, I will just say:

Rabbit-stew is good and nourishing, and snake-Vinom is Not. :lol:

true, but pretty much everyone is going to use the out of the box configuration..ASC doesn't do much cross referencing..no uninstall entry and bye bye printer software..the driver was probably still installed..

CCleaner use to be like that too then they went the safe route and put stuff in separate visual tools and only did generic data cleaning out of the box. I stick with ASC cause the optimizing and scheduling, but it's starting to get shifty.. I'd like to put it on my moms machine without it killing vital software or even the boot record for the OS..

Yes, very Sad, but True. :cry:

If nothing else, that will force them to Learn More about their computers. ;-)

I only joined this Forum business after V4 screwed up my five computers and was looking for help. All I found were lots of other users of V4 who had suffered in many different ways. In terms of help from what appeared to be official channels there was nothing.

Now I'm not sure what 'IObit VIP' means about a contributor but from the masses of 'Junior' members I'm sure we would expect somewhat more constructive help than the classic assertion by authors of faulty software that problems are always due to the actions of users.

In my testing of V4 I established that it doubles the registry size, ignores at least some of the Settings options, deletes programs from Start options, fixes emailed from IObit do not work and that it slows down the computer. And there the many other problems listed by others elsewhere.

So, Toppack, please come down from your high horse and acknowledge that the learning to be done is by IObit doing more testing of their software prior to release, rather than users being told "to Learn More about their computers".

'IObit VIP' just means that I made more than 500 replies on this forum,

Trying to help with other users problems.

I was saying, that when people have problems, that at least they usually learn something from the experience.

Yes, my saying that they ' Screwed up' is a little harsh, but 'I' have Not had those problems.

And that tells me that they are Not following the Best procedures for trying out new software.

With software that makes a Lot of changes to your computer, a Cautious procedure is doubly important.

That was all I was trying to say.

If I hurt anyones feelings, by pointing that out,

I apologize, but sometimes the truth hurts. :grin:

No High-horse here, Just a little Indian-Pony that can Run Forever. :lol:

Same Issue

My printer was also made to disappear. I have uninstalled all of the printer files, downloaded the driver from Dell's website, and attempted to reinstall the printer.

When the files unzip, I get a message saying that the print spooler is not running and must be started to finish the installation. When I select "Yes" to start the spooler, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Resolved: I had to go to Start: Administrative Tools: Services: Print Spooler and manually restart the service. Eventually the driver loaded and printer was installed. (XP Media Edition)

If anyone knows how to PREVENT ASC 4 from doing this again, I'd be most appreciative!

Hi Goodland4, welcome to IObit forum!

Did you try to start the Print Spooler service automatically by going to:

Right click My Computer icon=>right click Menu=> click Manage=> Computer Management window opensa=>double click Services and Applications=> click Services=>double click Print Spooler service=>Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer) window opens=>change Startup type: to Automatic from dropdown menu=>click Start button ?

Cheers.

Hi Goodland4, welcome to IObit forum!

Did you try to start the Print Spooler service automatically by going to:

Right click My Computer icon=>right click Menu=> click Manage=> Computer Management window opensa=>double click Services and Applications=> click Services=>double click Print Spooler service=>Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer) window opens=>change Startup type: to Automatic from dropdown menu=>click Start button ?

Cheers.

Enoskype - Yes, did exactly that and the issue seems to have been resolved. I have other issues, but the printer is working fine now. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

uninstall HP psc 1500

After using the ASC4 deep register cleaning tool, all my icons of HP doc.viewer etc disappeared. The printer is still working but the scanner is completely gone. When I try to re-install with the CD I get 4 errors (it says that I am missing 4 reg.files) and am not able to install. There are also more programmes that refuse to run on my PC, like Paint Shop Pro.

What can I do about this problem?

Archived