IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC4 uninstalled printer

ASC used to be one of the very few reg cleaners that left hp printers alone, but the deepscan now messes up hp printers up like most reg cleaners.

1] best option is what i do is uninstall all hp software/drivers & delete the folder so nothing left. [

2] run deep scan delete it all

3] install hp software /drivers & updates

4] run ASC deep scan again the only results should be hp stuff[will not always refer to hp in reg entry]. select it all and opt to ignore these entries in future. [might be worth noting them too]

my hp allinone throws about 30 reg entries of these only about nine are critical but i save the lot, did narrow it down once to the nine but takes too long.

enoskype might be woth keeping this reply re ASC & HP for future ref

Hi DnBf!

Use system restore to return your softwares to the point before you did the deep scan.

Next time you do a deep scan make sure you review the registry repair function before you click fix problems, and uncheck the items listed as "high risk" at the top of the list unless you are absolutely sure and knowledgeable about their exact function. High risk means... high risk to cause problems if deleted/repaired.

I'm sure Sunny's post will ensure the viability of your HP printer in the future.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

P.S. Be very careful with the deep scan. If you don't know exactly what the "high risk" item is, uncheck it and don't "fix" it. High risk means there's a high risk it will damage your software!

Hi DnBf,

Sorry for the inconvenience, Please help us look into this issue.

(1)Please try the rescue function of Advanced SystemCare and let us know whether it is OK.

Open Register Cleaner in the tool box>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred>>click "undo"button

(2)Please send the Registrycleaner folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v4

cicely

if you go for the restore option and it works you are back to square one again when you run deep scan not knowing which reg entries to ignore as not all of them have "hp" in the string. leaving you to avoid future deep scans.

it is only recently ASC has thrown up the hp reg entries in deep reg scans.

my all in one printer is a hp2575 perhaps iobit could download the software from hp and run some testing in its labs so ASC5 so it does not have this problem.

it does not cause problems in all hp printers just some of them.

my work around shown earlier works ok for me but would be nice if it was fixed.

Archived