IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Empty Folder Search = Errors ??

Empty Folder Search = Errors ??  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It found empty folder but it then found MORE empty folder with the same search criteria? It did this 4 more times even after deleting previous empty reported empty folders therefore this makes me lose confidence in this purchased software:cry::cry:.

Is their some throw-away-free software that searches for desktop empty folders and deletes them ALL the 1st time and doesn't require several times again and again ??

Why the stress ?

It found empty folder but it then found MORE empty folder with the same search criteria?

Most of the empty folders were created by software for possible use in the future, if you delete them they will just be created again.

The only empty folders you would want to delete are the ones that are left behind when software is uninstalled.

What do you mean by "search criteria" ?

As far as I can see, there are only 2 options, Scan Drive and Scan Folder

I suggest you stop worrying about it and just:

• Run the scan

• Look for empty folders created by software you have since uninstalled

• Delete those empty folders

• Exit

• Move on to something else

All the best, woz of oz

Most of the empty folders were created by software for possible use in the future, if you delete them they will just be created again.

The only empty folders you would want to delete are the ones that are left behind when software is uninstalled.

What do you mean by "search criteria" ?

As far as I can see, there are only 2 options, Scan Drive and Scan Folder

I suggest you stop worrying about it and just:

• Run the scan

• Look for empty folders created by software you have since uninstalled

• Delete those empty folders

• Exit

• Move on to something else

I literally scanned it 10 seconds later and it finds more empty folders which is stupid.

Many Empty-folders are Needed and Required by software programs.

Be careful about deleting them, some software will not recreate them and will stop working without them.

Most programs will recreate them though.

I let ASC delete Only the ones that I am Sure about needing to be removed.

Any utility that can Delete things from my computer I consider 'Potentially Dangerious'. ;-)

Empty folders are not something that we normally need to worry about anyway, since they take up such a small amout of disk-space.

BTW - I like your Poll ;-)

Many Empty-folders are Needed and Required by software programs.

Be careful about deleting them, some software will not recreate them and will stop working without them.

Most programs will recreate them though.

I let ASC delete Only the ones that I am Sure about needing to be removed.

Any utility that can Delete things from my computer I consider 'Potentially Dangerious'. ;-)

Empty folders are not something that we normally need to worry about anyway, since they take up such a small amout of disk-space.

BTW - I like your Poll ;-)

I failed to mention that I've always limited the search scope to the Desktop files only knowing well about those many obscure empty folders on the drive that the OS needs to stay put.

Thanks for the poll comment.

Archived