IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

failing HARD DISC

I have hit a problemdue to a hard disc which is failing due to bad sectors.

Having used protected folder to protect my passwords ect (in an excel file ) i now find that i cannot open this file even with the correct password. I have tried IObit Unlocker to no avail also IObituninstall. It will not let me uninstall the product without a password!!!

can anyone help ie with a registry key which i must create or a means of unlocking the file to get to the info????

HELP:sad:

i can see your point , but in this case it is a genuine request in order to recover my passwords.

In my case i allready know them and will be formatting the hard disc to destroy any data. So as I say i have a backup, but what do you suggest if I hadn't a backup, and i did not know how to format a hard disc. I am not a fool and understand your conserns.

there should at least be a way to delete the information without recourse to a a full blown format.

Guest Guest

Pretty sure ways exist to unlock those type of files, not sure if you'll find an answer here I'm afraid.

So as I say i have a backup, but what do you suggest if I hadn't a backup, and i did not know how to format a hard disc.

there should at least be a way to delete the information without recourse to a a full blown format.

Hi alexanderd, welcome to IObit forum! :grin:

I understand that you want to delete the Excel file that you have locked and you can not reach now.

I can only give you the solution for the deletion of it. ;-)

I am assuming that you know the exact original location of the file in question.

- Start your PC using the relevant f key in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

- After the opening is completed, type del and the exact path of the file in the command prompt window and hit ENTER.

- Restart your PC in Normal Mode, the Exel file should have been deleted from your PC.

Example of writing the exact path of abcd.xls file on Desktop for Windows 7 is as follows:

Type the following on blinking _ sign starting after > sign.

del C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\abcd.xls

UserName is you, the name of the user of the PC.

Please note the space between del and C: .

Cheers.

hi

interesting thread

I have seen similar one many time over the years.

How to hack into a locked file,

easy as pie If you know How,but Not wise to post this on a open forum.

why?

you realize that if we did.(*I*) I would lose sleep over it.and be it very unfair to the ones who locked a file for safety

I could even tell you how, to normally read any info used by a program that locks files without even hacking into them.

but then the same would happen .losing sleep as I was responsible for posting this

Any how follow the above and this will rid the offending file

and good luck with your new drive.

don't forget to put the old one in the right bin,Recycling Bin.

Mr Bean

Archived