IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't update to ASC 4.0.1 (invalid digital signature)

Sofabed

I'm using ASC 4.0.0 and had a message to update to 4.0.1 but when I try to download the asc-setup.exe from cnet.com I get a warning message saying:

Internet Explorer - Security Warning

Windows has found a problem with this file.

Name: asc-setup.exe

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

Still can't run the downloaded asc-setup.exe. I just keep getting an error saying "The source file is corrupt".

This happens both in MSIE8 and Firefox 3.6.17, using Vista.

Makes no odds how I try it, either opening it on downloading, or save to disk and open from PC. Just no joy.

Nah, stuff it, I'm gonna go back to using ASC 3.8.0 because I can't stand ASC4. Bloody hate it.

Did you download it and attempt to install it more that once?

If so, did you completely remove the first downloaded file and the failed install files? The first Install attempt may need to be deleted first, before trying another install, if the first was actually Corrupted?

Which website did you download it from?

You may want to try a different website, such as the Cnet site in above post.

Download accelerator

Did you download it and attempt to install it more that once?

If so, did you completely remove the first downloaded file and the failed install files? The first Install attempt may need to be deleted first, before trying another install, if the first was actually Corrupted?

Which website did you download it from?

You may want to try a different website, such as the Cnet site in above post.

^^ I agree with this good advice from Toppack ^^

Also, are you using download manager and/or accelerator software?

Download accelerators can sometimes corrupt files.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived