IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Multiple ASC Problems and FireFox

TLRam1

With my latest clean from ASC V4.0.1.200

My Yahoo does not load properly

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/TLRam1/ACSYahoo.jpg

Doing Screen Shots to post here I see my Photo Bucket shows no photos.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/TLRam1/ACSPhotobucket.jpg

You Tube does not have a Tab to play videos

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/TLRam1/ACSYouTube.jpg

I had issues on 2 computers on the Start Menu shortcuts and fixed that with the workaround.

I have downloaded the updates at the end of May, I never had issues until this new version. :evil:

This all works okay on IE Version 8.0.6001.18702

Firefox version is 4.0.1

OS

XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP3 Build 2600

Which of the utilitie programs, in ASC, changed those program files?

(My guess is that it's 'Privacy-Sweep' program)

You will need to determine that, before changing settings in ASC to prevent those items from being removed.

To determine that, run one utility at a time, with minimal options activated.

Or only run the utilities you need and disable the others, until that is determined.

The 'Settings' pages are your Friends! :lol:

I think it was the Privacy Sweep, the cleaner has hung up there many times and I was just posting a New Thread when ASC became unhung from the Privacy Sweep clean.

I need to get these areas working again so I can clean one section at a time, I will uninstall and reinstall Firefox to see what happens.

If it is Privacy Sweep, do you have an idea what I would untick under FireFox on the Settings Page.

I didn't know there was a settings page until you told me, thanks.

Sorry, I don't use Firefox, so have no experience there.

I'm an IE-9 man, Now! :grin:

But I would disable all options that appear to be related, and then reactivate them one it a time. If you have the time to do that?

I'm Retired, so no problem for me. ;-)

I reinstalled FireFox and it works!

I did all Sections except Privacy Sweep and it's still working, thanks for your help Toppack.

Now if I uncheck all settings for Firefox I will not be cleaning the browser I use, maybe someone will have more input on this.

My settings

Welcome to the forum TLRam1 :smile:

Windows XP Home SP3 - FireFox 4.01

The screenshots you posted of Yahoo and YouTube (I don't use PhotoBucket) look familiar to me but I have seen them because of a bad (slow) internet connection, the page wasn't fully loaded even though the wheels had stopped turning.

This just fixes itself when the internet connection gets better.

Sometimes right clicking on the connection icon (little computer) in the SystemTray (bottom right, near the clock) and selecting Repair can help.

I just ran a Privacy Sweep only and have no problems with YouTube or Yahoo mail (old version, not Beta)

Here is my list of Ticked boxes for FireFox, you might want to start there and you can test others from then on if you want.

• Internet Cache - I have this set in FireFox to delete when I exit FireFox so it's not really necessary.

• Download History

• Cookies - I went to Settings > Ignore List > Browser Cookies and moved my favorites to Cookies to keep

• Session

I am the only person who uses this computer so I want to keep the others like Save Passwords.

Do you have FireFox settings to automatically clean certain areas of FireFox when you close it?

If not and you would like to then go to:

• FireFox Menu

• Tools

• Options

• Privacy

• Select Firefox will: Use custom settings for history

• Tick Clear history when FireFox closes

• Click Settings

• Tick what you want

• Ok

• Ok

All the best, woz of oz

Woz of Oz,

Thanks for your input I will check my settings, yes I do have Firefox set to delete history upon closing IIRC.

The download issue, I have cable with typical download speeds of 23 mbps and I waited with nothing loading.

The good part, after reinstalling FireFox and not allowing ASC to run Privacy Sweep I am good, with more time I will work more with the settings.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1338652483.png

Archived