IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unused file extensions ( .mp3 .vmw .flv .... )

When I run ASC4 and AND deep scan,It always delete important file extensions !

such as .mp3 .flv .......blablabla

and then I am spending much times to play my mp3 songs or video files.

i think ASC4 is should be fixed for this error

I am runnin windows 7 64 bit and I only use ASC4 for system care

here is a capture

http://i51.tinypic.com/2u6hcw1.jpg

In 'Settings' there is a 'file-extensions' option box that can be Unchecked.

If that one does not stop it, try disabling other optional items.

Of course you are not required to even run the Deep-scan option, if it is causing problems.

???

Some users may Want to change those items, in the Registry, to reduce it's size as much as possible. Which is what the Deep-scan option does.

Personally I have never found a need for the Deep-scan, but if someone had a requirement to completely clean the registry, then that will do it.

I never activate anything in software, that makes changes to my computer, until I'm sure I know exactly what changes it's doing.

Is that what you are asking about?

Thank you for ur response ,this one will be my last quesition :)

It says ' unused extensions ' and then it finds the extensions ' .mp3 .wmv .flv '

But those extensions are often used by me,Those are not unused extensions in my computer. I use those extensions. everyday, everytime .

I hope I can explain myself.

Open With

Hi :smile:

I have come across a few instances where the Windows Registry will N/A an item for no apparent reason, sometimes I have to go into the software options and 'reset' them (EG: Un-tick > Apply > Tick > Apply)

I have never worked out why, maybe it's just a Windows thing :roll:

I had a similar situation to yours a long ago using a different Registry cleaner and I was able to 'fix' it by manually resetting the "Open With" feature in the Context Menu.

At least I think that's how I fixed it, as I say it was a long time ago and my memory is fading :wink:

Anyway, if you want to give it a try these instructions are for Windows XP but I think Win7 should be much the same:

• Right click on an MP3 file (or any file that was listed)

• Hover the cursor over Open with in the Context Menu

• Select Choose Program

• Select the same program you use now (Browse if necessary)

• Tick Always use the selected program to open this kind of file

If you run another Registry scan and the items are still N/A don't delete them, the selection you just made might not become 'permanent' until after you have restarted your computer.

Also, please remember what it says at the bottom of the Details: Deep Registry Fix screen

Tip: 1) DO NOT excessively clean your Registry

All the best, woz of oz

???

There is Nothing called "Quick Scan", but I think you are referring to 'Quick Care' and in that Group of utilities there is a 'Registry Fix' utility.

Did you go into the 'Settings' page of Registry-fix by clicking on the word (Settings)?

Disable the selections not needed by clicking on check boxes.

Disabling them in 'Quick Care' Registry-fix settings Also disables them in the 'Deep Care' Registry-fix.

'Deep-Scan' is another option in the 'Deep Care' settings, which I don't recommend.

I had to reread all that 3 times to make sure I didn't get them Wrong! :lol:

Archived