IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo Boost not working .. displays upgrade to Pro screen

Hi roger_onslow, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Turbo Boost in ASC4 is a PRO function started with the final releases.

If you are using ASC 4.0.1.200, it is the most recent version and Registry Cleaner, Internet Boost, Registry Defrag, and Cloned Files Cleaner of Toolbox and Turbo Boost are PRO functions. They were working in former beta versions.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi CPatafio

Please read enoskype's post above. The Turbo Boost - amongst others -only work in the Pro version!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm having the same Turbo Boost issue on 2 different PCs. I checked the version on both and it is exactly the same, 4.0.1.200... what gives?

Clem

Forreal?

I think this is total crap. You let us use something just to take it away and make us pay for it. I was getting used to it and used ASC4 every day just because the Turbo Boost was helpful. I created this account just to tell you how crappy this is of the company, and it's horrible business. I will only give bad reviews of anything iObit from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

Turbo Boost

I, too, used it two days ago and now it is saying to upgrade if I want it to work.

Is there a way to go back to an older version, the beta version?

It must have automatically updated when I did a system restore.

Where can we find the old version, this feels a bit like a bait and switch, which surprises me. Iobit is such a good company. I would expect it to say if you update you will lose certain functions. That is why I am not updating my FF. I will lose certain add on's I need!

Thank and have a safe surfing week!

Hi Jonathan

You say that you have got used to the functions in the beta version, - beta versions are of course free.

But after the final release of the program it is customary for developing companies to have at least a Pro version that one has to pay for.

After all no company can survive for long if it does not create a profit.

Cheers

solbjerg

I think this is total crap. You let us use something just to take it away and make us pay for it. I was getting used to it and used ASC4 every day just because the Turbo Boost was helpful. I created this account just to tell you how crappy this is of the company, and it's horrible business. I will only give bad reviews of anything iObit from now on.

• 1 month later...

Explanation not really working...

Solbjerg, thank you for your explanation. However, I did read all of the posts. Under normal circumstances, I'd say "Oh well, guess he's right and the final version blocks it!". The only problem is that, as late as Saturday (Oct. 9), I downloaded the most recent version of ASC (Free), which is listed as 4.1, and, after installing it, Turbo Boost works just fine. That kinda kills your theory of the final version doesn't it?

Now, I can understand a company disabling a function that previously worked in their free version. Companies do it all the time. However, for it to work on one system and not another even though the versions are EXACTLY the same, that makes no sense at all and really bothers me.

Can anyone explain this... really???

Clem

Oops...

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the system on which I downloaded ASC Free 4.1 and where Turbo Boost worked, is a different system from the one I'm writing this reply from. This system is the one on which Turbo Boost doesn't work, even though I just now upgraded ASC to ASC Free 4.1... same exact version as the one I installed on another system Saturday!

Clem

Hi CPatafio

If you take a look in the program folder in both computers, do you then see the TurboBoost.exe file?

Have you tried clicking that?

Cheers

solbjerg

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the system on which I downloaded ASC Free 4.1 and where Turbo Boost worked, is a different system from the one I'm writing this reply from. This system is the one on which Turbo Boost doesn't work, even though I just now upgraded ASC to ASC Free 4.1... same exact version as the one I installed on another system Saturday!

Clem

Archived