IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft IE-10 Beta Browser

Toppack

Here's one Reviewer's Speed-test:

Speed Tests

I tested using a medium-powered laptop, the Dell XPS M1330 with a 2.6-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and 3GB RAM running 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

On Microsoft's new Fishbowl benchmark, you can now choose a lot more settings than you could in the earlier FishIE test: you can add a video background and effects like shine and shadow on the bowl as well as HTML5 audio of the filter sound. And you can now go up to 2,000 fish. With everything turned on and 50 fish loaded, IE10 PP1 clocked in at 40 frames per second, compared with 12fps for Chrome 10. Surprisingly, Firefox 4, which also uses hardware acceleration, came out a tad faster than IE10 PP1, at 42fps. IE9 took much longer to load the test, and then swung up and down between 38 and 56fps.

Possibly the best demonstration of hardware acceleration is the new Paintball demo, which splats colorful paint blobs across text on the screen. On this test, IE10 displayed the paint shots in rapid fire, taking 30.36 seconds to deliver 171.97 paintballs per minute. On the same test and PC, Chrome 10 was noticeably slower to shoot, took 67.94 seconds to shoot 76.83 paintballs, and didn't display the intro page correctly. Firefox 4 did display the intro page correctly, but not the test itself or the result numbers.

IE 10 Won't Run on Vista

* By Kurt Mackie

* 04/18/2011

Microsoft's MIX 11 fanfare last week included the nVista skippers likely won't care, but the Vista omission does highlight Microsoft's practice of tying its Web browsers to its Windows operating system life cycles, and to particular versions of Windows. Because of this practice, IT pros maintaining a computing environment are compelled focus on both the Windows upgrade cycle and the Internet Explorer browser upgrade cycle, which is why it's important to note IE 10's restriction at this point to just Windows 7.

Many organizations still running Windows XP likely are vexed in retrospect by Microsoft's lifecycle approach, which entails time and costs for them. So, for instance, Windows XP and IE 6 both have the same software lifecycle. They both lose "extended support,"ew IE 10 platform preview, but no mention was made at that time that it won't run on Windows Vista.

The platform preview isn't a complete browser and it only runs tests devised by Microsoft, demonstrating Web features. Still, only Windows 7 users can try it. The requirement to use Windows 7 is specified in the platform preview's release notes here.

Vista skippers likely won't care, but the Vista omission does highlight Microsoft's practice of tying its Web browsers to its Windows operating system lifecycles, and to particular versions of Windows. Because of this practice, IT pros maintaining a computing environment are compelled focus on both the Windows upgrade cycle and the Internet Explorer browser upgrade cycle, which is why it's important to note IE 10's restriction at this point to just Windows 7.

Many organizations still running Windows XP likely are vexed in retrospect by Microsoft's lifecycle approach, which entails time and costs for them. So, for instance, Windows XP and IE 6 both have the same software lifecycle. They both lose "extended support," as well as free security patch support, in April 2014. For companies that built their Web applications around the quirks associated with IE 6, the ending of such support can entail a mad scramble to get things updated; others may pay Microsoft for "custom support" or pay for independent software vendor help to manage the transition.

Be aware Do not install it on any other platform!

Mr Bean

Yep, since IE-10 will be released with W-8, I guess we're Lucky that it will work with W-7. :roll: :lol:

I'm really surprized, that they say it Won't work on Vista, since it's so much like W-7?

Hey, those guys at Microsoft Know how to Make-Money, there's No doubting that!

I suppose I should start 'Saving My Pennies' so I can buy W-8 next year? :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Some fascinating tests on this ie10 preview. Ref the paintball, i obtained 478.81 paintballs in 10.90 secs and and am trying some of the other tests. am using w7hp with i7 950 quad processor

overclocked to 3.5ghz. Able to get 60fps.

Thanks for the Info, very Interesting!

We can only Hope that the released version will be as Good as the Preview. :grin:

I doubt that there will be a free real Beta version released before the Final,

but so far it appears IE-10 will be a Good one. :grin:

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, since IE-10 will be released with W-8, I guess we're Lucky that it will work with W-7. :roll: :lol:

I'm really surprized, that they say it Won't work on Vista, since it's so much like W-7?

Hey, those guys at Microsoft Know how to Make-Money, there's No doubting that!

I suppose I should start 'Saving My Pennies' so I can buy W-8 next year? :mrgreen:

No W7 is entirely different to Vista, as Vista is rather a jazzed up XP whether W7 was built up from the ground up and so there's some compatibility issues there. :wink:

Archived