IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lanboot File Downloader 1.1

Just tried it, very powerful product in fact. I can copy file from another computer freely without any access right issue. Looks quite cool!

When your system crashed, how to backup your important data or files before reinstall the system? Now, Lanboot File Downloader offers a hundred-percent new way for home users or administrator to view and download the files from any other computer in same network, even this remote computer crashed.

No need to install this software to remote computer. No need the access right for that computer. Just run Lanboot File Downloader in a normal PC and then start the crashed PC from LanBoot Mode(You can set it in BIOS menu or Press F12 when system boot). Then you can view all the files of this crashed PC in the Lanboot File Downloader window. Just click your mouse, the file can be downloaded to the normal PC in few seconds.

With Lanboot File Downloader, You also can edit any sector of the remote computer, wake up the remote computer even it is shut down, backup/restore the MBR of this remote computer. Everything can be done remotely with Windows GUI.

Hi all

you can take this from my humble self

I just took a look at this and personally stay away from it.

this is going to make one wide open. to attacks,as is holds open the UDP ports for any one to gain entry.

port 67,69--and advertise your subnet mask as widely available.

server and client.plus lease time available,

ok its up to you ,but be warned, if you do not understand fully what you are in for Do not!! If you are Fully are ware what this Program will Do then ok If its useful Go ahead,

Mr Bean

And yes I tried it !(test) using Linux!

the program failed as I have them blocked ,allowing the ports temporary

did not like what I saw at all.

checked the system for open ports! thy were wide open and accessible.

and no Q weary by the Fire Wall!

Check here Please.

[noparse]http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=69[/noparse]

[noparse]http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=67[/noparse]

Hi all

you can take this from my humble self

I just took a look at this and personally stay away from it.

this is going to make one wide open. to attacks,as is holds open the UDP ports for any one to gain entry.

port 67,69--and advertise your subnet mask as widely available.

server and client.plus lease time available,

ok its up to you ,but be warned, if you do not understand fully what you are in for Do not!! If you are Fully are ware what this Program will Do then ok If its useful Go ahead,

Mr Bean

And yes I tried it !(test) using Linux!

the program failed as I have them blocked ,allowing the ports temporary

did not like what I saw at all.

checked the system for open ports! thy were wide open and accessible.

and no Q weary by the Fire Wall!

Check here Please.

[noparse]http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=69[/noparse]

[noparse]http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=67[/noparse]

The first window for Lanboot Downloader is the DHCP Setting. Please read this page for DHCP. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Host_Configuration_Protocol

DHCP uses the same two ports assigned by IANA for BOOTP: UDP port 67 for sending data to the server, and UDP port 68 for data to the client. DHCP communications are connectionless in nature.

DHCP operations fall into four basic phases: IP discovery, IP lease offer, IP request, and IP lease acknowledgement.

DHCP clients and servers on the same subnet communicate via UDP broadcasts. If the client and server are on different subnets, IP discovery and IP request messages are sent via UDP broadcasts, but IP lease offer and IP lease acknowledgement messages are unicast.

it is a general knowledge as I know.

Hi again

and welcome(James White)

yes I could start a long winded post as to why I feel its not for the normal user to install and run, but this is not a security site.

I did Post If its useful And people understand the possible (risk) then go ahead

well why would one allow this?(DHCP) to run as a service?

DHCP allows a computer to be configured automatically, eliminating the need for intervention by a network administrator. It also provides a central database for keeping track of computers that have been connected to the network.

In addition to IP addresses, DHCP also provides other configuration information, particularly the IP addresses of local caching DNS resolvers. Hosts that do not use DHCP for address configuration may still use it to obtain other configuration information.

broadcasts or broadcasting why would one allow this? and tell every one Hy here I am. its not a good idea,the more silent the system is the less chance of getting a reply.or sending a request to an inquirer.that could be any thing or one.

MR BEAN

Hi again

and welcome(James White)

yes I could start a long winded post as to why I feel its not for the normal user to install and run, but this is not a security site.

I did Post If its useful And people understand the possible (risk) then go ahead

well why would one allow this?(DHCP) to run as a service?

DHCP allows a computer to be configured automatically, eliminating the need for intervention by a network administrator. It also provides a central database for keeping track of computers that have been connected to the network.

In addition to IP addresses, DHCP also provides other configuration information, particularly the IP addresses of local caching DNS resolvers. Hosts that do not use DHCP for address configuration may still use it to obtain other configuration information.

broadcasts or broadcasting why would one allow this? and tell every one Hy here I am. its not a good idea,the more silent the system is the less chance of getting a reply.or sending a request to an inquirer.that could be any thing or one.

MR BEAN

OK, PLEASE have a check with PXE boot tech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment

DHCP and TFTP are the "must have" parts for Intel PXE.

My point is made

and just warn the new user be aware before you use something like this,

"remotely running systems" are not a good idea.tho it seems fun to be able to.

the rest is nether here or there.

Mr Bean

I Agree, SCARY Stuff! :-(

with Lanboot downloader, it is very easy to backup the MBR remotely.

it is a good utility to deal with the lastest virus - Popureb.E:razz:

http: //www.livehacking.com/2011/06/28/popureb-e-rootkit-stops-mbr-from-being-restored/

Archived