IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with Auto scan feature in Malware Fighter Pro

I recently switched over to Malware Fighter Pro from Security 360 Pro. This new program will not hold the auto scan>smartscan>Everyday>10:00 am command that I correctly apply. Once the computer is shut down it loses this prompt and reverts back to what the program wants to do once a week at a time it chooses.

Iobit tech support has not given me anything to resolve this problem. Send a screen shot-I did. Try an uninstall/reinstall-I did. Their suggestions have not resolved this problem. Now they are not even answering me anymore. Security 369 Pro worked perfectly with an auto scan when I wanted it to scan. This new program does not.

Anyone else have this problem and a fix? Are they working on this?

Thanks.

beachguy

Hi beachguy, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Yes, you are right there is glitch as you have described when using scheduled scan in IMF 1.0.

I will wait for next release to see if it is fixed by IObit.

AS mentioned before, there is also another problem in the scheduling section of IMF for "Everyday" scanning, which can not be adjusted/translated correctly to other languages.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype.

Thanks for your input as to why auto scan is not functioning. I spent over five days going back and forth with Iobit tech support. They should be the ones stating that this problem does exist, not you! They still haven't done that!! They have just stopped answering me!!

They stopped supporting a program that worked very well to replace it with a program that really isn't ready to be used yet. I and others who are complaining about this program have paid for a complete program(IMF Pro)that works 100%. Now, we are not receiving what we paid for. Is this problem going to be fixed?? Are they going to extend our license if it is fixed ??

The next time you go to a store and purchase something, let us know how you feel if you are only given a portion of what you paid for.

Thanks,

beachguy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I can't get the auto-scan to run either. I also can't find a history log. Did that go away also?

Anyway, I won't be renewing my license on this product. I'll look for something else.

> Crystal

• 10 months later...

You guys aren't alone, I'm having the same problem and if it's not fixed with either up-dates or a new version, I won't be renewing either! I'll give them until end of contract, then I'll let everyone know. And I mean EVERYONE!

Halfbreed

Hi Crystal

In the settings under general settings click settings and you will see a link called "View log files" click that link and you should see the log files where you can choose the log you want to see by date.

The location usually is: C:\Programs\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\log

I have the same OS as you and have it set to Automatic protection and have no problem. I haven't tried the scheduled protection though.

In the background protection - do you have everything activated?

A screenshot of your backgound protection window would be great I think

In your additional information about your computer IMF isn't mentioned as a Pro version - have you since bought a pro version?

It has to be a pro version for all protection to be available I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm having the same problem. I can't get the auto-scan to run either. I also can't find a history log. Did that go away also?

Anyway, I won't be renewing my license on this product. I'll look for something else.

> Crystal

Hi solbjerg,

"This I am telling you, Dear Daughter, so that you, Dear Daughter-In-Law, might take heed." - A proverb translation.:razz::lol::lol:

It has been nearly a year since Crystal visited the forum and there was even an update of IMF 1.11 next day after the post.

Today, with version 1.4 of IMF, the bug for scheduling scan is solved a while ago in prior versions and I have just tested to be sure, and programmed for a scheduled scan and exited IMF, then opened it in Systray and it started scanning at the scheduled time.:idea:

This is also, what I can let EVERYONE know of using IMF 1.4 PRO for scheduling scan.

Cheers. :wink:

Archived