IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Surfing Traces ?

Toppack

I see that the Privacy-sweep utility in ASC removes 'Surfing Traces' as well as the Activity-history data.

How can Browser activity data be considered Traces?

I have some knowledge about accessing Activity-history data files, using 'History-sniffing' JavaScript programs,

but have never gotten a good discription What and Where these so-called Traces are?

Can anyone explain about Traces or provide a link to that Info?

Thanks,

BTW - I already know that it's Not what's left of a Broken Surf-board :lol:

Slow weekends

I see that the Privacy-sweep utility in ASC removes 'Surfing Traces' as well as the Activity-history data.....

I can't find the 'Surfing Traces' option in Privacy Sweep of Advanced SystemCare 4 or ASC Toolbox

Can you point me to it.

Also, it's still the weekend (which is swell) and everybody is surfing, so hang 5 (or 10) 8:) :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

Toppack, it!s me again!!!

Apart from many others, here are the traces in their simplest form! 8-)

Any body, forget about the hackers, specialy the owner of the pages you visited or a person looking at your PC could easily trace where you have been in the internet even you have deleted the internet history.

Think about even only the standard cookies and flash cookies. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

So you are saying that 'Surfing Traces' are the same thing as 'Cookies'? :shock:

I suppose 'Surfing Traces' is really a More Logical name for them, than 'Cookies' is? :lol:

It's just that Most people, around here, call them 'Cookies'. :wink:

To me Cookies are a Good and useful thing, that do Not need to be deleted.

So far, I have Never Met a Bad Cookie. :wink: :lol:

It's Bots, Spyware and Keylogger malware that I have grown to hate, :evil:

but I doubt that the Privacy-sweep utility checks for those.

There they are

I don't know for sure but this is my guess.

Surfing Traces and Activity History are very broad terms used as a general description, they could have been called other broad terms like "Internet Privacy Clean" and "PC Privacy Clean"

Surfing Traces is the checkboxes that are associated with your browsers. Cookies, History etc, anything that can reveal where you have been on the internet and what you did there (surfing) to anyone who has access to your computer. This includes those who are allowed access (family etc) or via breaking in (malware etc) or when you visit a website (cookies etc)

Activity History is the checkboxes associated with the other items listed. Recent Document, Run History etc, anything that can reveal your 'activity' on the PC to anyone who has access to your computer (allowed or by breaking in)

EG: The PC owner might not want his children to see what's in the "My Recent Documents" list and certainly not click on something :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived