IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Virtual Gaming Desktop

Hi all,

Please kindly give us your opinion regarding the Virtual Gaming Desktop.

We added the new function Virtual Gaming Desktop to Game Booster v3 beta2 after receiving a lot of suggestions from our users. However, we got some negative feedbacks regarding this Virtual Gaming Desktop as it decreases the system performance a little.

After confirming with our coders, Virtual Gaming Desktop will influence the system performance to some degree. So we need your opinions now.

Please kindly tell us what benefits or features you like most from the Virtual Gaming Desktop?

Thank you for your opinion which help us to improve our program.

Removing...

Hi, I had like you to know that there is something i don't quite like, which is the f11 and f12 bar on the virtual desktop. It annoys me while playing fullscreen games, by not letting me click the objects beneath it. Hope you fix it, take your time and thanks in advance. Sincerely, Nyang.

The primary function of Game Booster is to improve gaming performance.

If the virtual desktop function slows down game performance, don't include it.

For example, I recommended GB3 to a guy last weekend. He installed and ran it. It slowed his system down. I told him to uncheck Virtual Desktop. He told me that it was too late. He uninstalled it.

He will never touch GB3 again even though I explained what happened.

You can't risk that.

All functions in GB must pass 1 simple test, does it improve gaming performance? If not, don't include it.

I think you need to be careful not to turn GB(3) into a multipurpose utility like Advanced System Care.

Hi Cicely

I agree with masterblaster's assessment.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

Please kindly give us your opinion regarding the Virtual Gaming Desktop.

We added the new function Virtual Gaming Desktop to Game Booster v3 beta2 after receiving a lot of suggestions from our users. However, we got some negative feedbacks regarding this Virtual Gaming Desktop as it decreases the system performance a little.

After confirming with our coders, Virtual Gaming Desktop will influence the system performance to some degree. So we need your opinions now.

Please kindly tell us what benefits or features you like most from the Virtual Gaming Desktop?

Thank you for your opinion which help us to improve our program.

Hi, I had like you to know that there is something i don't quite like, which is the f11 and f12 bar on the virtual desktop. It annoys me while playing fullscreen games, by not letting me click the objects beneath it. Hope you fix it, take your time and thanks in advance. Sincerely, Nyang.

You can change this by going to Settings > Advanced > Hotkey and customize to your taste, so it's not a problem... ;-)

EDIT : Oh, you mean the buttons at the top of the screen for games that are not in full screen mode? Indeed, it is problematic and it would be best that they could be hidden...

Personally, I love the virtual desktop and I think it's a great idea! This feature simply needs to be improved. I met some graphical glitches that resulted in slowdowns in some games (or only some parts of games...), maybe a compatibility issue with the video card (I mean between the VC and virtual desktop)? For other games, I found no problems and I'm very satisfied. I hope you will keep this optional feature and will continue to improve it! :razz:

I really don't understand what a virtual desktop is. What are the benefits of using it for gaming? Somehow I have played games and lived without it for the past 20 years.

The virtual desktop allows you to concentrate all the resources of your computer in one place in order to optimize the performance of your game to the max. If you have a very powerful and well maintained computer, it's normal that the virtual desktop (or even Game Booster itself) does not change much things for you! :-)

The virtual desktop allows you to concentrate all the resources of your computer in one place in order to optimize the performance of your game to the max. If you have a very powerful and well maintained computer, it's normal that the virtual desktop (or even Game Booster itself) does not change much things for you! :-)

Then why is the opposite happening?

Will this open up any comparability concerns with other non game related processes??

The Virtual Gaming Desktop works well, makes online gaming much smoother but there are some buts.

1. Overlays from other programs won't show.

2. Mice with additional buttons will not have these buttons working.

3. You can't alt+tab to anything but an empty desktop.

4. After using the "back to normal mode" function, the Windows Desktop Management Service needs to be restarted to work again.

Good idea, but makes all usage of other app's while gaming way to limited.

Virtual Desk top and gaming NICE!!!

I think its a great feature. 8-) Some people like it and some dont:roll:... So maybe a disable V desktop feature... (if it is not there already)

Personally, I love it! It makes my games run so much better. I like the fact that if i want to go back to the desk top all i have to do is hit the F11 key and vice-versa...

:mrgreen:Thank you IObit again for such wonderful tools keep up the great work!! I also would suggest that the F11/F12 gui be able to be made invis or moved as in some games it stays up on the screen and blocks game info.

2 Thumbs up!!!!!

Archived