IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Other programs similiar SmartRam

luckyvic

Hi Vic,

In answer to your question, go to Majorgeeks and take a look under memory section, you'll find more than you could want. Have tried a few over the years, but SmartRam does an excellent job day in and day out, and does it without causing the problems some of the others can.

A.T.

OK

Problem is the only version that works for me is the one from ASC 3.8.0, any newer versions just sucks. Maybe because I'm still using XP, but until I can no longer use XP and can afford moving on up to the newer Windows OS, I'm stuck with what I got.

Hi luckyvic,

Why don't you save the SmartRAM from ASC3.8.0 to a location of your choice and use it in ASC4 or ASC5 main folder by renaming it to Suo10_SmartRAM.exe?

Have you tried the one in IObit Toolbox stand alone if it is the same as in ASC3.8.0?

You can rename the original Suo10_SmartRAM.exe in ASC4 main folder if you wish to use it at a later date.

Cheers.

Hi luckyvic

What version number does your suo_10 Smart Ram have and how many Kb?

Version ASC 4.1 suo_10 has 364 Kb and version number 2.0.2.397

Version ASC 5 suo_10 has 400 Kb and version number 5.0.2.406

Perhaps they made a typo there and wrote 5 instead of 2 ???

I also use XP and have for many years - am thinking about buying the next release Windows 8 ??? or whatever they will call it.

I seems like as if every third version they come up with is a good one :-)

I experience no trouble with smart ram by me!!

Cheers

solbjerg

EDIT: IObit Toolbox1.2 suo_10 has 826 KB and version number 2.0.2.387

Problem is the only version that works for me is the one from ASC 3.8.0, any newer versions just sucks. Maybe because I'm still using XP, but until I can no longer use XP and can afford moving on up to the newer Windows OS, I'm stuck with what I got.

Hi atailor

Happy birthday - many happy returns!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Vic,

In answer to your question, go to Majorgeeks and take a look under memory section, you'll find more than you could want. Have tried a few over the years, but SmartRam does an excellent job day in and day out, and does it without causing the problems some of the others can.

A.T.

Okay, but my situation is the same as my actual post.

I don't like the icon because I want to be up-to-date with the memory display. This is very crucial when I am gaming or using programs because I can't be hovering the mouse's arrow over the icon during those times, just simply glance.

Is there anyway to make the numbers to display on the task bar again, instead of the icon? (Maybe optional to have either the numbers or the icon, or the numbers hovering over the icon)

Off-Topic: Don't tell me about searching because when I tried to search, I ended up debunking it because you guys had to add the darn Google CSE, I am anti-Google. (Just giving my reason for not using the search and will ignore any chat regarding this matter)

Confused

Hi luckyvic,

Why don't you save the SmartRAM from ASC3.8.0 to a location of your choice and use it in ASC4 or ASC5 main folder by renaming it to Suo10_SmartRAM.exe?

Have you tried the one in IObit Toolbox stand alone if it is the same as in ASC3.8.0?

You can rename the original Suo10_SmartRAM.exe in ASC4 main folder if you wish to use it at a later date.

Cheers.

Could you be more specific, I thought I understood, but it won't even start/open.

SR

Hi luckyvic

What version number does your suo_10 Smart Ram have and how many Kb?

Version ASC 4.1 suo_10 has 364 Kb and version number 2.0.2.397

Version ASC 5 suo_10 has 400 Kb and version number 5.0.2.406

Perhaps they made a typo there and wrote 5 instead of 2 ???

I also use XP and have for many years - am thinking about buying the next release Windows 8 ??? or whatever they will call it.

I seems like as if every third version they come up with is a good one :-)

I experience no trouble with smart ram by me!!

Cheers

solbjerg

EDIT: IObit Toolbox1.2 suo_10 has 826 KB and version number 2.0.2.387

Don't use any suo_10 Smart Ram - they just don't work for me, uninstalled all versions of ASC after 3.8.0.

I still use Sup_Smart Ram 2.0.5.12 194KB and that works excellent for me.

Hi luckyvic,

Could you be more specific, I thought I understood, but it won't even start/open.

Don't use any suo_10 Smart Ram - they just don't work for me, uninstalled all versions of ASC after 3.8.0.

I still use Sup_Smart Ram 2.0.5.12 194KB and that works excellent for me.

-Copy Sup_Smart Ram 2.0.5.12 194KB file from main ASC3 folder and paste it to a place of your choice.

-After installing ASC5 Beta1.0, rename Suo10_SmartRAM.exe to Suo10_SmartRAM_original.exe in the main folder of ASC5.

-Copy Sup_Smart Ram 2.0.5.12 194KB file from the place of your choice and paste it to the main folder of ASC5.

-Rename Sup_Smart Ram 2.0.5.12 194KB file to the main folder of ASC5 to Suo10_SmartRAM.exe.

See if it works.

If you get a message that it can't find a file, copy that file from ASC3 main folder and paste to the main folder of ASC5

Cheers.

Archived