IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error Code 1601

burndog1213

I'm not sure when this problem started actually. But when I tried to install Skype, I received this error. "Error Code 1601 Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed." I went to Win Fix in the toolbox and clicked on "Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed." It say's it fixed it, but hasn't. I went to the service manually and turned it on Automatic. Still nothing. I have been in a all out war with Microsoft NON-Support for two weeks. They have kept sending me to Auto-Fix tools that don't work. Help forums where none of the fixes work, and have not been replied on by their support people since March. For instance, this is the e-mail I sent today:

ERROR CODE 1601 WINDOWS INSTALLER SYSTEM CANNOT BE ACCESSED!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SKYPE. DO NOT SEND ME A LINK TO A FORUM. NOBODY FROM MICROSOFT NON-SUPPORT HAS COMMENTED ON THOSE SINCE MARCH. NONE OF THE FIXES THERE WORKED ANYWAY.

DO NOT SEND ME TO LINKS FOR AUTOMATED MICROSOFT FIX-IT. IT DOES NOT WORK.

DO NOT SEND ME LINKS TO THE THREE DOWNLOADS YOU ALREADY SENT FOR WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE. THEY DO NOT WORK.

I THINK I HAVE NOW EXHAUSTED YOUR LIST OF REPLIES TO SEND FOR THIS PROBLEM.

FORWARD ALL THESE E-MAILS TO A CASE MANAGER, AND HAVE THEM CONTACT ME AT THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.

All together, I have sent about 20 e-mails in the past two weeks and had no help whatsoever. Their reply to this e-mail today? They posted this e-mail to the their support forums! The joke is on them! I already posted the same e-mail to support forums earlier. I hope it shows their incompetence to everyone!! I cannot install any new apps or updates.

Please! Is there anyway to fix this problem? When I went into the program directly, it say's that it cannot find the path or it has been removed. Could registry defrag have done this? Any help will keep me from pulling my hair out, and going bald!

Thanks,

Tim B.

i think it may be the deep reg repair, you really have to be careful what you delete,as i have found out,not just with iobit but with other reg cleaners too.have you tried system restore?

I finally got some help with a support person on the Microsoft Forums. We have been working on it for three days and filled three pages with no results. I even did a "System Repair" and reloaded all Windows files. It changed the registry values back to what they were supposed to be, but I still get the same error code. I am backing up all my stuff to Carbonite now. I see no other option but to do a full system recovery, followed by hours and hours of updating software and updates.:-(

hi burndog1213,

We are sorry for the trouble you encountered.

Have you tried the rescue of Advanced SystemCare? if not, please have a try.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" buttoon>>choose one restore point (note: please select it according to the date, please select a point which is before the problem happened)>>click "undo"button

Please let us know whether the solution works, no matter it works or not, please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5\

Lastly, you said there is a error message: "Error Code 1601 Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed." please taka a screen shot of it and send it to us, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Archived