IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

unstable asc4?

bdeane

In the past few days my asc4 has been acting strangely, it part where it shows if your computer is A B C or D keeps changing on it's own, so when I go scan and repair it fixes things, shows an A or B for a couple seconds then goes back to changing from C to D again. I have ran the program several times over the last 4 or 5 days and this keeps happening, I can say the only thing the scan mostly turns up is privacy issues but that's normal, i think. Also the last couple days sometimes if I click to open another program the grade with briefly change to A or B then drop to a C or D again. Been a little fristrating because up to this point the program had been working perfectly. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ty :???:

Hi bdeane

Have you run tried all subjects in Deep Care recently?

A chkdsk regulary is also a good idea!

Cheers

solbjerg

In the past few days my asc4 has been acting strangely, it part where it shows if your computer is A B C or D keeps changing on it's own, so when I go scan and repair it fixes things, shows an A or B for a couple seconds then goes back to changing from C to D again. I have ran the program several times over the last 4 or 5 days and this keeps happening, I can say the only thing the scan mostly turns up is privacy issues but that's normal, i think. Also the last couple days sometimes if I click to open another program the grade with briefly change to A or B then drop to a C or D again. Been a little fristrating because up to this point the program had been working perfectly. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ty :???:

Hi bdeane

Have you run tried all subjects in Deep Care recently?

A chkdsk regulary is also a good idea!

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I have run the Deep Care several times, the last time I tried to run it though it got stuck and I had to stop it. So ran the Quick Care and nothing, it tells me it fixed the problems but it's still sitting at a D.

Hi bdeane

Got stuck where? (did you have enough patience?)

What are your settings?

We are not sitting right beside you, so we cannot see what is happening, unless you tell us precisely what is going on and what action that led up to this.

Screenshots are often a good idea!

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I have run the Deep Care several times, the last time I tried to run it though it got stuck and I had to stop it. So ran the Quick Care and nothing, it tells me it fixed the problems but it's still sitting at a D.

Hi bdeane

Got stuck where? (did you have enough patience?)

What are your settings?

We are not sitting right beside you, so we cannot see what is happening, unless you tell us precisely what is going on and what action that led up to this.

Screenshots are often a good idea!

Cheers

solbjerg

When I last ran the Deep Care it got stuck on the defrag part and yes I had plenty of patience it ran for an hour and it never takes that long for my computer to do the deep care. My settings are Basic because it is the free version. This started about 4 days ago and the only thing I remember doing before this problem started was updating my virus software. I would be happy to send screenshots but I'm not sure what you would want them of, please let me know.

Thank you :)

Hi bdeane

In that case it sounds like your D from performance monitor must come from a fragmented disk.

That is if all the other application have run their course and have been "repaired".

If you have the SmartDefrag program installed too, then I would suggest you run the defragmentation from that program. What are your settings and your computer configuration? How much free space in percentage please. How much fragmentation? Do you have many drives ticked to be defragmented, and do you have many very large files videoes - pictures?

What are your defragment settings?

Just to be sure - your computer isn't a laptop running on battery, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

When I last ran the Deep Care it got stuck on the defrag part and yes I had plenty of patience it ran for an hour and it never takes that long for my computer to do the deep care. My settings are Basic because it is the free version. This started about 4 days ago and the only thing I remember doing before this problem started was updating my virus software. I would be happy to send screenshots but I'm not sure what you would want them of, please let me know.

Thank you :)

Well I thought the problem had been solved because I ran the deep care program again after my last contact with you and their were no defrag problems and what it did find it fixed then it pretty much stayed at A or B for a week and now all of a sudden again it's going back and forth from C to D, I've run the program 3 times and it finds NO problems so I'm not sure what to do now. Two questions this problem seems to have started after I updated my avg virus software to the 2012 version but I also have both running on another computer and it's showing no problem whatsoever so I am not thinking that is what caused it, has anyone else complained of this problem with the performance monitor? Also would it be worth it to upgrade to the pro version to try to fix what's wrong? Thanks for any help!

:)

Same problem here.

I have the same problem here. My p monitor jumps to c and after several scans from daily to deep scans it keeps jumping from a to c. Now i don't know what to do anymore. I have been using the pro version but even that won't solve the problem. What is wrong in my pc????????????????????????????????

Hi andray

Have you tried closing the Pm by right clicking on it and choose close?

I am assuming that you have it on your desktop.

After it has been closed you could try to go into the ASC 4 folder and click on the file Pmonitor.exe and then see if this helps.

It is possible to place a shortcut of Pmonitor.exe on the desktop.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the same problem here. My p monitor jumps to c and after several scans from daily to deep scans it keeps jumping from a to c. Now i don't know what to do anymore. I have been using the pro version but even that won't solve the problem. What is wrong in my pc????????????????????????????????

I've done as you told me and the problem seems to be fixed. I placed the shortcut on my desktop and it stood on C so i ran a quick scan and now it stay's on A. i also unmarked the automatic startup of the p monitor because i have the shortcut on my desktop now. Thanx Solbjerg

Hi andray

Thank you for your feedback. Good to hear that it works for you as well as me.

I have offered the same solution a couple of times previously but haven't had any feedback before you were kind enough to post this.

Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I've done as you told me and the problem seems to be fixed. I placed the shortcut on my desktop and it stood on C so i ran a quick scan and now it stay's on A. i also unmarked the automatic startup of the p monitor because i have the shortcut on my desktop now. Thanx Solbjerg

• 4 weeks later...

I've been through this before for 2 days until accidently when first I ran my lap top I performed smart defrag 2 and continus with DeepCare with option 'Shutdown PC after scan and repair'. I was not hoping so much since I was frustated for the last 2 days. So I get my breakfast when ASC performed deep care. When I got back to my laptop and turn it on...WHOAALLAA...PM showing me an 'A'. I dont know whether thats the way it should be or I am just lucky. Until I post the thread PM still said 'A' for my laptop.

Archived