IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Booster bandwidth setting

gcnyc

Hi gcnyc!

I currently do not have a pro ASC license so I probably cannot adequately answer your question on this. My thoughts on this concerning your question is that you should choose the higher value (50). Otherwise the software will treat your system as 0 to 10 bandwidth. By selecting 50, you fall within the range of 10 to 50 bandwidth.

This is my speculation based on my previous experience with the Iobit programmers... that you let your machine operate to maximum within the parameters of their software as written, and not let their software limit or impede the performance of your machine. I suspect the 10 setting to mean dial-up, wireless broadband, and standard DSL, the 50 to mean high-speed DSL or cable broadband.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper.

• 2 weeks later...

higher setting isn't better

I appreciate the common sense reply - that's what I thought, as well. But after setting the higher bandwidth, Firefox slowed to a crawl. Now that I chose the lower setting it's back to normal (but "optimizing" doesn't seem to have any benefit, actually).

• 3 years later...

Archived