IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

majorgeeks

sunny staines

there was talk ages ago of iobit and majorgeeks running a scan of the pc to check for outdated software, possibly as part of AWC3. Did it get off the ground or has it been cancelled.

filehippo do a similar one that works well but they have a very limited database of updates not a match for majorgeeks database or ComVan.

majorgeeks/iobit software scan

Good Day All

I have found a program from Secunia.Com, that does an excellent job of doing what Sunny is looking for (Secunia PSI). This is a freeware and also provides links to the appropriate web sites to provide updates and patches. It will scan for all programs on the computer and then advise whether they are insecure (require patch) or end of life. Hope this helps.

Hello tailor

I tried it on the net a fortnight ago and found it ok.

At me it must have found two references to some older uninstalled or updated programs which it then asked me to update, but as they weren't installed, nothing came of it. But a couple of the othes gave me the newest update. So I was fairly pleased with it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Good Day All

I have found a program from Secunia.Com, that does an excellent job of doing what Sunny is looking for (Secunia PSI). This is a freeware and also provides links to the appropriate web sites to provide updates and patches. It will scan for all programs on the computer and then advise whether they are insecure (require patch) or end of life. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived