IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

If we reformat hard drive - license status?

Immaculens

hi gang - if I reformat my hard drive - which I routinely do about 2x a year - I get the impression that when I reinstall ASC Pro again - my current license will not work because it will think its being used on another (additional) computer.

Is there a work-around for this?

Like Adobe Products - can we deactivate a ASC Pro license on our computer (and then reformat my hard drive in my scenario) and then reactivate it on my fresh drive?

much thanks - I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this.

cheers,

hi Immaculens

Where did you get that impression? :-)

Certainly not from reading the manual or Usage of IObit Products?

If it is the same computer/motherboard/harddisk and the same OS you should not experience any trouble. Just save your username and password and activate ASC Pro again in your newly formatted computer.

If you do experience trouble please contact IObit support and explain your predicament, if you are a bona fide user they will send you the activation code.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi gang - if I reformat my hard drive - which I routinely do about 2x a year - I get the impression that when I reinstall ASC Pro again - my current license will not work because it will think its being used on another (additional) computer.

Is there a work-around for this?

Like Adobe Products - can we deactivate a ASC Pro license on our computer (and then reformat my hard drive in my scenario) and then reactivate it on my fresh drive?

much thanks - I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this.

cheers,

hi Immaculens

Where did you get that impression? :-)

Certainly not from reading the manual or Usage of IObit Products?

If it is the same computer/motherboard/harddisk and the same OS you should not experience any trouble. Just save your username and password and activate ASC Pro again in your newly formatted computer.

If you do experience trouble please contact IObit support and explain your predicament, if you are a bona fide user they will send you the activation code.

Cheers

solbjerg

8-) coolness... 8-)

sounds user-friendly to me!

much thanks ~

Hi Immaculens

Yes, IObit is usually very kind - even if you have had to change your harddisk or motherboard they will often transfer the license to the "new" computer, if they think you are telling the truth.

Just contact support@iobit.com and explain your circumstances.

That will usually do the trick!

Cheers

solbjerg

8-) coolness... 8-)

sounds user-friendly to me!

much thanks ~

Hi Immaculens

Yes, IObit is usually very kind - even if you have had to change your harddisk or motherboard they will often transfer the license to the "new" computer, if they think you are telling the truth.

Just contact support@iobit.com and explain your circumstances.

That will usually do the trick!

Cheers

solbjerg

My experience with IObit Support would lead to me to concur with the above:-)

• 2 months later...

Two drives on 1 computer with dual boot

I have two physical hard drives on my XP computer. A full XP installation is installed on Drive 0, which is the normal boot drive. I've also installed XP on the second drive's first partition which I boot to occasionally.

I've installed the full ASC 5 on the first drive. Can I also install it on the second boot drive with the same license? My license is for 3 computers and I'd like to know if the installation on the other drive counts as a second computer.

Thanks.

Archived