IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster causes my computer to freeze

Hey,

Towards the end of October I downloaded and installed gamebooster 3.0 and it worked really well until yesterday (2 Nov 2011).

I opened game booster and was told an update was available. I clicked the update button and was taken this website, http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html.

I clicked the download button to download gamebooster 3.1, and then tried to install it. About three quarters of the way through the installation, my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

I restarted the machine, when I tried to open game booster the same thing happened my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

I restarted again, and decided to uninstall game Booster and start again, 3/4 of the way though the uninstallation and...my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

When I restarted this time I found that game booster was no longer on my machine I assumed the uninstallation must have been successful, but I then found that in C:\Program Files, I still had am IObit folder, which contatined a game booster 3 folder. There was an uninstall file in the folder I clicked on it and as so as I did so my computer froze.

After a restart, I tried to just delete the IObit folder but as soon as I pressed delete the computer froze.

I renamed the folder (dump), then installed game booster again. This time the installation was successful (no freezes) but when I tried to open game booster it froze my machine like before.

I uninstalled game booster again, and this time it was completely successful, the IObit folder and everything disappeared. But the folder I previously renamed (dump) is still there and I can not delete it. Doing so just freezes my computer. This folder contains a folder named Game booster 3. Game Booster 3 contains two folders ''Language'' and ''skin''

How can I completely remove these folders? My hope is that I might be able to successfully download and install game booster 3, if I can get rid of them.

Thanks

Mark

Hi mark

Did you download the new version to your machine and did you then unblock it prior to installing it?

Did you have the onboard GB closed/deactivated while installing the new version?

The reaction you are experiencing makes me think that something else is running while trying to install/uninstall.

I could be your AV program - so you could try to disable that temporarily while you uninstall the program.

IObit uninstaller in ASC may be of assistance in getting rid of all leftovers, or Revo Uninstaller.

Good luck!

Cheers

Solbjerg

Hey,

Towards the end of October I downloaded and installed gamebooster 3.0 and it worked really well until yesterday (2 Nov 2011).

I opened game booster and was told an update was available. I clicked the update button and was taken this website, http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html.

I clicked the download button to download gamebooster 3.1, and then tried to install it. About three quarters of the way through the installation, my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

I restarted the machine, when I tried to open game booster the same thing happened my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

I restarted again, and decided to uninstall game Booster and start again, 3/4 of the way though the uninstallation and...my computer froze. I could still move the mouse, but I couldn't click on anything. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del but my computer was unresponsive.

When I restarted this time I found that game booster was no longer on my machine I assumed the uninstallation must have been successful, but I then found that in C:\Program Files, I still had am IObit folder, which contatined a game booster 3 folder. There was an uninstall file in the folder I clicked on it and as so as I did so my computer froze.

After a restart, I tried to just delete the IObit folder but as soon as I pressed delete the computer froze.

I renamed the folder (dump), then installed game booster again. This time the installation was successful (no freezes) but when I tried to open game booster it froze my machine like before.

I uninstalled game booster again, and this time it was completely successful, the IObit folder and everything disappeared. But the folder I previously renamed (dump) is still there and I can not delete it. Doing so just freezes my computer. This folder contains a folder named Game booster 3. Game Booster 3 contains two folders ''Language'' and ''skin''

How can I completely remove these folders? My hope is that I might be able to successfully download and install game booster 3, if I can get rid of them.

Thanks

Mark

Hi solbjerg

When I downloaded and first attempted to install 3.1 I did still have 3.0 installed and open.

When I uninstalled 3.0 later, the uninstall did crash but when I restarted the computer the program itself does appear to have been removed, it doesn't appear in my start menu, but the folder remain in C:\program files\IObit.

After renaming the folder IObit, to dump, I was able to install 3.1 but it caused my computer to freeze when I ran it. I was successfully able to uninstall 3.1 and all folders associated with it disappeared...but dump still remains. I can't simple move the folder to the recycle bin, doing so freezes the computer.

I downloaded ASC as you suggested and tryed to use the uninstall function but gamebooster is not listed. I tried using the file shredder, and that was able to remove the ''language'' folder, but it froze trying to delete the ''skin'' folder.

I'm also tryed using ASC Deep Care, but found that it always freezes my computer on the disk drive scan.

My computer not freezes in the same way when I try using windows defrag. Once it analysis 85% of the drive it freezes.

Hi mark

Did you use IObit Uninstaller in Forced Mode?

Have you downloaded and installed special skins? Do you still have those installed? Do you have them in add/remove programs?

Is there an uninstall file in the skin folder?

Can you install version 3.0 and then close the program and then uninstall it in advanced mode with IObit Uninstaller?

One should not install a new version while the previous version is running.

I don't use GB myself. So I am trying to find out how this happened by you.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

When I downloaded and first attempted to install 3.1 I did still have 3.0 installed and open.

When I uninstalled 3.0 later, the uninstall did crash but when I restarted the computer the program itself does appear to have been removed, it doesn't appear in my start menu, but the folder remain in C:\program files\IObit.

After renaming the folder IObit, to dump, I was able to install 3.1 but it caused my computer to freeze when I ran it. I was successfully able to uninstall 3.1 and all folders associated with it disappeared...but dump still remains. I can't simple move the folder to the recycle bin, doing so freezes the computer.

I downloaded ASC as you suggested and tryed to use the uninstall function but gamebooster is not listed. I tried using the file shredder, and that was able to remove the ''language'' folder, but it froze trying to delete the ''skin'' folder.

I'm also tryed using ASC Deep Care, but found that it always freezes my computer on the disk drive scan.

My computer not freezes in the same way when I try using windows defrag. Once it analysis 85% of the drive it freezes.

yeah...its just from the worded game booster gave me it sounded like it was a patch...an update...not a whole new version of the software.

I've tried reinstalling gamebooster 3.0. (It freezes my computer to try and use the program) I then used ASC to uninstall it but the files in the dump folder remained.

I've not downloaded any extra skins and there aren't any unistall files in the skin folder...in the skin folder there is a folder named ''Default'' in this folder there are a handful of png files and an empty folder called ''Tweak''. My computer usually crashes just by opening the Default folder.

Using forced uninstall on ASC, i've managed to get red off all the png files is default but one. Titlepanel_Bg.png seems to be the file that keeps causing the crashes and I can't delete, or uninstall it. My computer freezes every time i do.

Hi mark100288,

In theory, Game Booster couldn't cause such problem.

1) Please temporarily disable all your anti-virus and firewall programs to see whether it is OK.

2) If it still doesn't work, please find a hard disk check tool to check your hard disk.

Hi mark

Thanks for the feedback!!

Glad to hear you got it solved.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for all the help guys but the problem is now solved.

I ran Chkdsk /f c: and the corrupt game booster file was fixed by windows. I've now been able to delete the folders.

Archived