IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Font names

solbjerg

Hi all

Font names with "@" in the beginning are for vertical writing (from top to bottom).

Using these for horizontal writing causes some double-byte characters to lie down.

For example if you are using Arial unicode MS

◗ ◖(half moon) will turn into ◗ ◖ if you place @ in front of the font name.

(characters 9687 and 9686)

Cheers

solbjerg

Interesting!

I've seen many fonts available but I've never tried to change or add-to the font drivers.

My Wife has done a Lot of that though, since it was part of her job, when creating websites.

I remember when we would type Alt-key plus some numbers, to get special characters.

Hi Toppack

It is also necessary to use the hex numbers if one wants to create a special keyboard setup (with fx. MKLC - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator) (i.e. the Dvorak keyboard)

Or if you want to extend the possibilities on your own keyboard you could choose to have the degree sign Alt+0176 as the key AltGr+5 for example or AltGr+D for degree.

The handy signs available with Alt+ number is:

Alt+1 through Alt+ 31

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼

They can also be written by a different number fx. Alt+9829 =

Hex means hexadecimal and instead of 10 has a base of 16

123456789ABCDEF the next number after F is the hex number 10 which means 1 (16's) and 0 (1's)

Hex 40 = character (ascii/ansi) 64 = @

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Attaching a picture of my Dvorak keyboard with extra possibilities.

Interesting!

I've seen many fonts available but I've never tried to change or add-to the font drivers.

My Wife has done a Lot of that though, since it was part of her job, when creating websites.

I remember when we would type Alt-key plus some numbers, to get special characters.

Archived