IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Seagate Momentus XT Solid State 4G cache Hybrid drive

RealiT

Does SD2 work with Seagate Momentus XT Solid State cached Hybrid drive? http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/laptops/laptop-hdd/

The drive uses some "adaptive memory" to move the most accessed data to the 4G solid state front-end cache, and thereby deliver better performance. I bought the drive, and there was no software. So, unless the adaptive memory is implemented via firmware, I am uncertain whether it is even active.

Seagate forums suggest not defragmenting the drive because it defeats the "adaptive memory".

I find on my performance challenged Lenovo x200 Tablet that SD2 is essential to my system performance. I also use ASC4 Pro after CCleaner and Glary regularly. Before - without SD and ASC, my system would freeze, and now runs fine.

In any case, this data allocation to the fastest sectors of the hard drive and defragging is what SD2 does. Does it work on the Seagate MomentusXT Hybrid drive and move the most needed files to the solid state flash, or will SD2 defeat that feature?

Only Tech support for ASC and IMF

Mel, thanks for the tip. I went to tech support, but choices are only for ASC and IMF.

Using the Seagate MomentusXT Hybrid feels like my system is more responsive, but that could simply be because the drive is better than OEM. I am going to let SD2 do its thing and post my results.

RealiT

Archived