IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

OpenGL and OpenCL APIs ?

Toppack

I want to purchase a new Graphics Card, so was doing research into what was available.

I quickly got confused by all the new API technologies in use now.

I'm familiar with the older Direct-X series of video APIs.

But now the cards support things like OpenGL and OpenCL, as well as Direct-X.

Most cards made now support the older OpenGL but only a few the newer ATI's OpenCL interface.

Any one know what Apps use those APIs?

I've found some Info about those but Not anything about what video software requires them to run?

I'm hopeing someone here has some answers?

Thanks,

Okay, I found out that OpenGL is similar to Microsoft's Direct3D Interface.

So they are used for video that has 3D.

ATi's (AMD) OpenCL interface is similar and I think it was created to compete with the other two,

but I'm still not sure what video or graphics software uses it?

On Linux Thy use a driver Called " X Server" That Nvidia uses Useing The GL

OR GLX Setting.

Open GLX Information.AniaLiasing Settings GPU. 0

My card a GEforce 9500 GT

and tho getting on a bit would not change it for Any thing A very Good Card the other One HAS geforce 7600 250 Mg and piad at the time $400 second Hand Huge thing but works very well also..

Allowing 3D

Mr Bean

My card a GEforce 9500 GT

the other One HAS geforce 7600

I have some similar cards, and that is why I'm trying to find out about the new OpenCL,

and what future and present software will require a card that supports OpenCL ???

I know it Won't be Windows since Microsoft has their proprietary Direct-X and Direct-3D,

but videos and other graphics heavy programs may be using other APIs soon.

If it's Only Unix based OSs, I don't need to worry, but if it's other software I want to be prepaired.:wink:

Evidently there is no software available to accurately measure the difference in using 1 graphics card or using 2 in parallel (Crossfire or SLI).

If anyone knows of any, that will allow 1 to be diabled,

to compare perforance testing after both cards have been installed,

Please let me know?

What I want may not even be possible, since I think Windows and Other system monitor software sees both cards as a single card,

so you may not be able to disable one, in that way, using software?

Thanks,

Archived