IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC5 keeps removing my World of Warcraft Shortcuts

Solidustrent

I downloaded the newest version of Advanced SystemCare to 5.0 Pro yesterday and ever since then the Deep Care and Quick Care functions keep removing the shortcuts I have on my desktop and start menu for my World of Warcraft game. So now I have to manually go to my C drive, open up the WoW folder and launch the program from there every time I want to play it.

I've been using previous versions of Advanced SystemCare for almost 2 years now with zero problems, and nothing like this has ever happened before. So now it's making worry about what other things are possibly being deleted from my system without my knowledge that I might actually need. I'm not a computer guru by any means so when I look at what's being taken off my computer I see things of familiarity, but I don't honestly know if its good or bad that these things are being removed. I've just put my trust in the Advanced SystemCare and this instance has made me a bit uneasy about the program. Can you recommend anything to fix this problem please?

Hi Solidustrent ... welcome to Iobit forum!!

Try this...

Go under the "more" button at the top right of the Advanced SystemCare main GUI. Select "Settings", then uncheck fix shortcuts... (screenshot attached)

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.:-( Normally, Advanced SystemCare won't delete the useful things.

1) Please try the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) No matter it works or not, Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Still not working.

I tried unclicking the fix shortcut box and also rescuing to a previous index but neither of these worked. It still got rid of the new desktop shortcut and the new start menu shortcut I created. Is there a way to uninstall the version I have now and reinstall the previous version I had of ASC? Thats about the only thing I can think of to do to fix this issue.

Archived