IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ACS causing abrupt computer shut down.

Penthermix

Hi Penthermix, welcome to Iobit forum.

Is this the first time you have used ASC on your Machine.. or the first time you had used the Pro version?

If not, had you just upgraded your version of ASC.

When your machine shuts down do you momentarily see a blue screen?

Have you been having other issues with your machine?

What version of ASC are you using?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Penthermix

Do you have SmartDefrag installed too? And have you in that application ticked the option to close the computer after defrag?

Cheers

solbjerg

When Defragging or registry cleaning with ASC only, my computer shuts down abruptly!

Any Ideas out there what is up with this I have tried it several times same result.

Once I stopped those two presses from the deep care cycle it works fine.

:?

No I do not have smart defrag installed.

& no i did not have shut down ticked it shuts down right in the middle of the operation, I have over 15 years computer experience my computer runs great I do all my own work. Even created my own operating instalatin disk once from scratch.

No i have wasted $ 600 of my time toying around with this and I am done now.

getting a refund.

But thank you for all your help & effort!

Take care & have a merry Christmas & a Happy new year!!!

Wow!

I'm sure I could have bought a round trip airfare, hotel room, fixed your computer, had some fun and saved you some money! (think I could have done that two day trip for $500)

The product is a good one... ask the other million users. Some have issues and work through them. I wish you would work through them with us!

You could've bought a new machine with much better hardware and back-installed Windows XP (if you are one of those who are stuck on XP) (much less than $600)

ASC is powerful and precise if you take the time to configure it appropriately.

To all users/members/visitors here... backup your system easily using Macrium reflect!!! It is here: -> http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx If only takes a few minutes and is FREE!!!!!!!!!! This is a stand alone image of your machine!!! Free!!! Restoration of system/elimination of system issues!!!

However...

The "one-click" and fix marketing by Iobit is leading users to make mistakes today (used to be in earlier versions that was ok)... coupled with the encouragement to "explore toolbox" blindly, and the unaffiliated advertisements on the main GUI of ASC5, are unwelcome.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

Hi Penthermix,

We are sorry, we are not sure if we get this issue clearly.:oops: Please provide us with more details.

You said, "When Defragging or registry cleaning with ASC only", but we are not sure what modules do you point to, do you mean the Registry Defrag and Deep Registry Fix or the Disk Defragment and Deep Registry Fix?

And please help us check whether this issue occurs at the same point, if yes, please let us know where.

We'd really appreciate your help!!!:-)

Hi again Penthermix!

Yes... you have drawn the attention of the Iobit staff! They will help you fix your issue, right here on this forum!! (I liked your first picture better by the way)!

If any forum members can assist, along with Cicely we certainly will!!

:-)

-Mel

Archived